Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Happy day!

I love not working. Now don't get me wrong, I do love my job. At this point in my life, it's the job I'm supposed to be doing. I don't think there's anything wrong with loving time off! I've been so lazy the last couple of days, but I've also been productive...frighteningly enough. Yesterday I went to donate platelets. Have any of you done that? First of all, it's really good to do, especially since it takes 8 blood donors to get 1 unit of platelets. When you donate, they put needles in both your arms (definately not for the faint of heart) and filter the platelets out and put the red cells back through the other arm. After 2 hours, you have a unit of platelets. I haven't done it in about 2 years...so i forgot how draining it is! I walked to my car and I immediatly was so tired, I needed to go home and take a nap. I literally fell asleep the minute I sat on my bed. Of course, when I went to bed for real last night, I couldn't sleep....the irony.

Right now, I am attempting to type while Gracie is laying right across my chest. She has no boundries. She just yawned right in my face. EW EW EW. She needs her teeth brushed. I'm planning to give all the puppies baths later on today...they just don't know it yet. This includes Sam. Now, when Jennifer baths him at home, she has to use some sort of special dog harness for the tub. I have no such harness. I do however have experience bathing dogs. Liberty and Sadie aren't bad because they have been put in the bath since they were puppies. We have many pictures of water drenched puppy Grace and Boo. Emmitt was a less fun dog to bathe. He would literally escape if you looked away for even a millisecond. You always had to keep one hand on him, and bathe quickly...or else you'd be covered in the bath water. I'm sure I'll have a rocking good time.

Today we made braided pizza bread from Super Suppers. YUMMY! I wanted to eat more of it, but I restrained. It's only the times when i don't seem to restrain that I dread getting on that Weight Watchers scale...like that menstrual week that I ate an entire bag of baked Lay's barbeque chips. I couldn't help it...it was FABULOUS! I also ate an entire wheel of gorgonzola cheese that week. When I got on the scale, and the lady said "Well, you gained 1.4 lbs", I actually said to her "Is that all?" I don't think she was quite sure what to do with that statement.

Liberty is still laying on me. I have no idea why she wants to do this. Apparently, it's comfy here. :) She's nasty.

Becca's making chocolate muffins right now. I've lured her, as well as my mother and sister, into the Weight Watchers wonderland. This recipe came from a meeting and is to die for. That's what I love about the meetings....it's not just you trying to lose weight and celebrate your successes. Everyone's in it together...we all rejoice together..and share recipes and what works for us. So fun. It really is a lifestyle change.

Today I am planning to do not much. Hey, it's vacation time, right? :)

No comments: