Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 14, 2006

Busy doing NOTHING! :)

I love when I have an extended time off from work. It's even more fun when I'm not actually going anywhere or doing anything. It's very relaxing. I wish I'd been able to find a reasonable fare to see Kimberly, but those blasted airlines don't want to seem to help me out any. Oh well...such is life. I'll get up there eventually.

Tuesday and Wednesday I did a lot of nothing! I did end up buying some curtains for my room (a pretty rust color) and hung them myself! It's pretty shocking since I am usually a complete failure at home projects. Yesterday, I had an asthma class at work that was a complete waste of my time. It was really a repeat of everything we'd learned in orientation and nursing school! Afterwards, I went over to UTA and dropped off my paperwork and picked up some of my textbooks. Then, I went and hung out with Tammy all day! What a blast! We got our nails done, had a margarita (or half in my case!), and walked around Grapevine mills for a long time. The only damper on our day was the news that our precious friend Amanda lost her grandma yesterday. She was supposed to come to the movies and have fun with us, but had to rush to see her grandma, and was able to see her before she passed (thankfully). We decided to postpone going to the movies until Amanda could go with us. Now, she's having to deal with all the family stuff, so please keep her and her family in your prayers. Manda leaves for Mexico in 6 days for a comprehensive Spanish class...and this isn't a good start to vacation, especially when she's been jumping out of her skin to go!

I don't really know what I'm going to do today, but I'm sure it will involve reading. I've already read one of the books I picked up at the library on Tuesday...and I've got about 7 more! When I start reading a book, I usually can't put it down until it's finished! The puppies are currently sacked out on my bed. They are SO sad. I signed Oliver up for basic dog education at Petsmart today. He starts in a month or so. I had to find a class that was on Wednesday evenings so that I could go too. He's so cute...and a big lug!

Well, I'm gonna get moving for the day. I'm sure there is something profitable I should be doing...maybe I should go to the outlet mall today...hmmm....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for linking to my blog. It seems that you are the third highest referrer to my site this week. Woo Hoo!

Jennifer said...

Hey, like the new set up! Clue me in! Margaritas when I come in town! Maybe that'll be my payback for helping us unpack--thanks in advance!

The Peacock Pearl said...

Love the sunflowers background!!!