Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 03, 2007

So stinkin' confused!

Hello from Tempe, Arizona! I arrived here yesterday afternoon and will not be leaving until Tuesday night! Such a long conference! I'm actually really enjoying the conference. It's so applicable to my job that I am not bored! (well, most of the time anyway!) My room is beautiful and has a patio that overlooks the courtyard which is full of fountains! If I had my cable thingy, I'd upload pics I took, but that will have to wait. I went to the pool today and was surrounded by palm trees, cacti, and a HUGE butte/mesa thing. I'll have to take pictures of that tomorrow! The weather here is beautiful this time of year. It's always pleasant outside, but not humid. Probably the most interesting thing this conference has to offer is the snack stations. I'm serious, it feels like they want us to eat ALL the time! If I am really bold, I'll try to take a picture of this wonderland. It's constant food...and all kinds! Fruits, juice, water, sodas, pastries, trail mix, cookies, crackers, candy, cereal, granola bars, and ice cream abound! It's INSANE! So far, there are only 2 things I have found that I don't like. #1: This is a Pepsi drinking hotel. EW and ICK. When faced with the soda choice, those people who know me know my serious addiction to Diet Dr Pepper. When that's not available, I'll go for Diet Coke. If all else fails and the sky has fallen, I'll drink Diet Pepsi. I'm dying for DDP right about now. #2: I can NOT understand the time zone here. I am 2 hours off central time because Arizona doesn't use daylight savings time. Tomorrow, I'll be 3 hours off. As if that wasn't weird enough, I can't figure out the times my TV shows are on! I just looked on Yahoo TV in the Arizona section to see what was on TV now...all I could recognize was Liar Liar. When I checked the schedule, it said that was supposed to be on at midnight...but it's only 9! I'm so puzzled.

It absolutely floors me that by the time I get home, I will be three hours off in time zones. SO weird. I love that the hotel even provides a little paper on "The history of Daylight Savings Time". So educational!

Well, since my body thinks it's nearly midnight, I'm off to bed. I roamed around Tempe tonight and actually went to a movie alone! I've never done that before! Perhaps it was the freedom of a new city.

I do miss my puppies. It's weird to go to bed by myself. :)

No comments: