Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Back to the land of the living...

Tomorrow I go back to work. I am excited to see my friends and sweet patients...but not excited to be back working. I worry that I'm going to overdo it and end up having to take more days off...which I can't afford to do. My lovely and ever-so-thoughtful co-worker decided she would take off Tuesday through the following Sunday. This worries me because what if I have to leave at the half day mark because I'm just TOO tired and hurting to finish? I'm also going to be on donor call...which is just too thrilling for words. Oh well...if she's going to be petty, then I'll just ignore the pettyness and do my job to the absolute best of my ability...like I always do.

As far as my recovery goes, I am feeling better every day. I still tire out pretty easily, but it's getting better as long as I don't push myself. I can sleep in any position I want to, which is SO much better than on my back! I'm not taking my pain meds during the day, and only occasionally at night. I'm actually getting all my protein in after many MANY different protein combinations! I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for my 2 week check up, and I think he'll be pleased! I'm hoping he says I can start a "mild" exercise program. I tried last week and ended up hurting and my abdomen HATED it! I was told to hold off until I talked to the doctor!

Tomorrow, I will weigh myself for the first time in 2 weeks...and we'll see. I think some of my clothes feel more loose...but I won't believe until I see the number on that scale! :)

I am so glad I took the 2nd week off...I think I needed it to feel alive again! Keep me in your prayers as I try to make it through what will most likely be a busy work week as I'm trying to get back into the groove and I'm doing it alone. Hope your week is wondeful too!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hope your week is going great!!