Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 09, 2012

Overdue!

Yikes.  Guess I really didn't pay attention to how long it's been since I actually updated this.  I guess things have just been so absolutely nutty that I haven't had a blessed moment to sit down and update!  Insane.

Olivia's birthday party was absolutely perfect.  It was exactly what I wanted.  Our friends and family gathered together to celebrate a beautiful little princess.  It was such a wide variety attending, from all her grandparents, to aunts and uncles, to her first babysitter and family, to old patients of mine!  All together to watch the antics of this hilarious little girl.  She sat sweetly on the couch and opened presents, smashed cake into her face, and went without a nap without any fussing or crabbiness.  She is such a good girl!

September brought Jason and I's second anniversary and my birthday!  We combined our celebrating into a wonderful dinner with the boys out at a very fancy restaurant!  When Jason and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon, we had the most amazing fish dish called "butterfish".  We swore that one day, we'd find it on the mainland and go eat it.  Well, we finally did!  There's a Hawaiian restaurant in Plano that we have had our eye on, and we decided that the boys were the perfect combination to go!  Olivia stayed with her Granny and Papaw and we went OUT!  It was so fancy, complete with waiters that place your napkins in laps and everything!  We had such a good time and the food was divine.  Butterfish was exactly what I remembered it.  DELISH.  We finished the night at home with homemade cookies and Bluebell.  What's not to love about that? :)

In October, we got to break out the fall decorations in our fabulous house.  It has been amazing to have so much space to decorate!  Half way through the month, we took the kids to a local pumpkin patch for frolicking and photos.  It was of course, mayhem, but after all, we were there for the fun and fun was had!  It was HOT (because the temperature is ALWAYS retarded in Texas....really?  90 degrees?), but we got some amazing pictures and had a great time!  The boys helped us carve our pumpkin, featuring a contest between Andrew, Jacob, and I for the most awesome design.  Jacob won!  On Halloween, these two amazingly sweet brothers came and WANTED to trick o' treat with their little sister, the precious pumpkin.  It proved to be the best night!  Apparently, our neighborhood goes NUTS for Halloween!  It was seriously like a block party!   Everyone was outside, giving away copious amounts of candy and even cupcakes!  Craziness!  Jason stayed home to give out candy and was out in 30 minutes!  We got SO much candy!  The boys each had a FULL Target bag to take home!  Even Olivia got a massive amount!

The month ended a bit odd.  I was told late on a Friday night that my job no longer had the hours for me.  I am very thankful for the time I had with that company, but was completely shell shocked.  I'm currently searching for a replacement job.

I am constantly reminded that Jesus protects my little family.  ALL THE TIME.  I may not understand all the reasons behind the things that happen, but I know HE is in control.

Thanskgiving and Christmas are fast approaching.  I am so excited to have the holidays with the boys as we haven't had the actual day with them in two years.

Right now, all of us are counting down to the fabulous family vacation we are taking in 24 days.   We are taking the boys on their (and Jason's!) first CRUISE!!! Olivia is going to camp Emerson for a week and we will be sailing out of Galveston to two ports in Mexico!  The boys are beyond excited!

Until the next post, may Jesus continue to protect your family and mine....

No comments: