Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Swooshing and Kicking

The absolute highlight of this week has been the small, but increasingly powerful kicks that I am now feeling! I felt the first one on Friday, and today, they are getting more and more strong! What an incredible feeling!

It's absolutely hilarious to feel baby somersaulting across my stomach and then launching out with a giant (at least to them!) kick or punch in the uterine wall. Andrew and Jacob are here this weekend and Andrew even got to feel one of the wild kicking sprees this afternoon! Both Jason and I think it's so important to keep them as involved in the pregnancy as we can.

I went back to the doctor this week. Baby is growing right on schedule and heart beat continues to be strong. I go back in 4 weeks for the dreaded glucose test and another ultrasound. They were going try and squeeze us in, but the sonographer was all booked up. No gender sono for us until the 11th of May!

In a moment of frustration, I put on Facebook that they couldn't get us in and we were now going to be waiting another month to find out. A former preceptee from Children's messaged me saying she had a friend who was studying to be a sonographer and needed practice because she was currently in her OB rotation of training. PERFECT! I got in contact with her and she is going to do a sonogram on Thursday at 1! Whoo hoo! Here's hoping this tiny Russell does not continue to be as fiesty as previous sonograms! I still have really strong suspicion about who this child is, but it will be nice to have confirmation of that and start the collecting of clothing!

This week, I was blessed by the family of the sweet little boy and his sister that I watch about once a month. They gave us a whole bunch of baby items! Bouncers, jumpers, bath seats...you name it! They didn't need them anymore and wanted to bless someone! Jason and I are SO thankful. It's so wonderful to have friends that care!

Work has been busy, but I am still really enjoying it. I'm starting to see some of the same patients month after month. It's nice because I get to develop a relationship, but they are typically only there a few hours and don't come back for 4-8 weeks. It's also nice because the size of the clinic is small, and on days that I am just exhausted, I don't have very far to go! I've been working extra the past 2 weeks to help out with another nurse who is out for a funeral, so that will be a nice paycheck!

God has certainly been teacching me patience throughout this pregnancy, and I'm sure it's just a taste of what is to come with a tiny person. Hopefully, this week, I'll have more pictures of our little one and be able to introduce him/her to you by NAME!

No comments: