Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Another time, another place....

Well, I'm not in Dallas...but I didnt' know that would happen when I woke up this morning. I've had the opportunity to go out on an organ recovery for a precious baby of ours who is getting a heart. So, I sit here and wait for them to let us in the OR so we can take this life giving organ and give it to a very deserving family. On the plane ride here, all I could do was pray for the family who is saying goodbye to their child. What a hard, yet lifegiving decision. I only hope that if I were to pass away, my family is able to know without a shadow of a doubt what my wishes are.

And so, while a family makes a selfless decision, I think of completely selfish things....like.... I am HUNGRY. I had sushi for dinner with Mom and Jen. If you know anything about sushi, it fills you up and doesn't leave you stuffed, but it tends to be like chinese food...it doesn't keep you full for long. SO. Now I am hungry. I'm also tired. It's 1:13AM and I won't be going into the OR until 1:30. YAWN. I'd like nothing better than to curl up and sleep, but I am VERY happy that I got to take a nap this afternoon. I thought it would hamper my ability to sleep tonight, but it turns out that this will not be a problem! I'm ALSO sad because my friend's baby is being dedicated tomorrow, and I think my lack of sleep will cause me to miss this. BLAST! Hopefully, I'll be alive for the after party. I'd also love a big GIANT diet Dr Pepper....but I'm seriously doubting that will happen considering I barely got here with my hosptial ID badge and my cell phone. I do feel fancy though...calling the surgeon...sneaking around OR's. And wouldn't you know it, my cell phone battery is dying. THat's just lovely. I've turned it off so it can recharge and hopefully it will last long enough for me to call from the airport once we touch down in Dallas. Then I don't really care if it is dead or not! :)

Well, it's almost time, so I guess I should get all signed out so I can leave quickly. Yawning again but SO thankful at the opportunity!

No comments: