Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Patience is a virtue I need HELP with.

Let's just work through some scenes from my life. Imagine that you are working in your office on a project for a parent. You're on a website for this family, doing research. Your extremely nosy coworker looks OVER your shoulder and says "What are you looking up?".

Scene #2: Instead of preparing materials for a meeting as previously discussed, certain co-worker spends three hours doing nothing and then leaves the office with the meeting materials incomplete.

Does anyone have a nice and tactful way of confronting situation #1? I already handled situation #2. I don't know how to nicely say "GET OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!" Suggestions? Comments? Encouragement? Because situations like that make me want to quit my job. I'm completely afraid I'm going to SNAP and say something rude and I'm normally not RUDE!

ARG.

4 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

argh, i posted a comment and it didn't fly with blogger... i think i said that i hate over the shoulder peeps too. just tell her that's it's really hard for you to concentrate when someone's watching over your shoulder. OR try asking her all the time what she's looking up :)

lovemylife said...

Yeah, I'd go with what Dana said. When the person asks you what you're looking up, or what you're doing, just repeat the question back to her. Or, if you wanted to be a little deviant, you could pretend to call your supervisor and ask how that exit paperwork for your colleage is coming along.
not honest, but could be funny.

Unknown said...

If you're stuck for words, think of the most absolutely honest and true thing to say, b/c that usually works, "The truth will set you free!" So Scene #1 could end up with, "I'm doing research for the Jones' family." Now try saying it without an attitude, that's the hard one!

lovemylife said...

I was just watching the American President, and this quote could apply to your situation, as well. Of course, Becca's idea is probably the Godliest and best answer, but, you know, I love sarcasm. So here's the quote: "I'm (researching) the organization of the united brotherhood of it's none of your business." so sassy.