Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Judge if you will....

For those of you who have known me for a long time, I've always struggled with this problem. I've tried everything under the sun, but nothing seems to stick for long. I've done a lot of thinking, researching, and pondering in order to come to this decision. I HATE being overweight...and it's time to actually give myself a true chance to be successful and keep it that way.

SO, on April 21st, I will be having weight loss surgery. Some people may view this move as taking the easy way out...but I don't think so. The myth of this surgery is that you don't have to do anything...the weight just falls off and you never have to worry a day in your life. This is not the case. Weight loss surgery is just a tool. If you are interested, I'll be glad to tell you more. If you aren't, I'd just ask you to pray for me on April 21st around 8am.

I've got a long road ahead of me...even just to get to my surgery date. Days of no Advil, a week of only liquids, and the fear of pain await me. I'm going to need a lot of support, even if you don't agree with my decision.

On a completely different note, I am SO excited to go to Boston in 9 days! I have never been there but have ALWAYS wanted to go! I'm staying in this very beautiful and lovely hotel right in the heart of the history! Excitement!

Okay, better be off. There are many puppies in this house who are circling my feet for attention!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful, I have another good friend who has really benefited from this, and it's been so helpful to her! Really life changing.
I'll definitely be praying for you, I just wish I lived closer, so I could bring you some liquids and hugs!
love you!
kjf

Unknown said...

No judgment from here, just love and lots of prayers! It'll be great to have a new confidence about yourself.

Kris said...

Know we will be praying for success! God works in mysterious ways and this could be the one for you.

Rebecca said...

I will be praying for you and supporting you completely through this. I think it is a brave decision to make for yourself and look forward to all that God does for you.

(Re)Becca said...

Be brave! This has been an intriguing road to travel with you with all the twists and turns and ups and downs. And few, if any, know it better than I. Looking ahead...

I'll always have Jell-o and I'll never let you take more pain meds than you're supposed to, so get used to it LADY ;).

The Peacock Pearl said...

well i have to appologize for not keeping up with your blog for the last 3 weeks. i've been skimping on my reading time and been desperately trying to catch up. anyways, just wanted to say i love you and think your beautiful either way, and i know the Lord will be watching over you! :) on a completely different note, dave just whacked himself with the yo-yo and is crunched up on the couch. :D