Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The busyness of it all!

I do not protest to have the most busy life ever, but for the next few weeks, it's pretty crazy! Tomorrow, I have a nutrition class to attend. I can not wait to hear what I can and can not eat! My sister in law bought me a fabulous book for cooking after weight loss surgery, which is something I am absolutely committed to doing. Here's where I am going to need MAJOR prayer...I hate to cook. I despise it. I'm terrible at it. I am going to HAVE to start liking it. That's just all there is to it. I will no longer be focused on fast food because that is not a wise food choice for me.

I also have a morning long doctor's appointment on Monday. I have labs, chest xray, and an EKG starting at 7:30AM (EW!). Afterwards, I move on to a sonogram of my abdomen to look at all the structures they will be operating on. THEN, I have to go for an Upper GI test, where I drink barium and they watch on a screen to see if I reflux. Disgusting. It's gonna be an icky day. I don't think I'm going to work after that fiasco. :(

Tuesday, I leave for Boston at 6AM. EW! I would not normally go that early, but I have a meeting for a research project I am in charge of.....so I have to be there by 1pm. Just lovely. The absolute BEST part of the trip is that my roommate will be my fabulous friend Lisa! She's the new transplant attending MD and she and I are absolute kindred spirits! She's so much fun, and we're already planning fun times! Not to mention that Boston is my surgeon friend Kris' home town and she will no doubt need to show us the sights! Love it! :)

I get home from the conference on Saturday, the 12th. I will spend the next day and a half eating all the foods I will not be eating for awhile. Starting Monday, the 14th, I will have to start an all liquid diet...EW! I'll be allowed Slimfast....and anything clear and sugar free. Jello. Broth. Juice. EW! I'm not excited about it...but oh well.

For those of you who were wondering, I will be having the RNY gastric bypass on the 21st. I did major research on the RNY vs the lap band and found the RNY to be the better choice for me. I'll let you know more if you want, just ASK.

Okay. Bedtime calling.

No comments: