Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 28, 2008

Protein fun!

Today has been a productive day! I was told to begin my MEGA protein intake 1 week after my surgery...well, that would be today! I can not even believe that I am already one week post op! Craziness! Anyways, I started the protein adventure today. Before surgery, I had bought protein powder to make shakes because I knew I would not be eating enough food to even come close to my 60-75mg of daily requirement. I didn't open it or smell it because I was told that there was a great possibility that something I liked beforehand, I would be disgusted by afterwards. I opened the container today to make my first shake. My first mistake would be that I used the blender. This produced a disgusting whipped sensation. My pouch hates things that are full of air...so whipped protein goo did NOT agree with it. I decided to persevere because after all, this protein powder came from Walmart! I tried it again without the blender, just mixing it with water. This fared slighly better, but still tasted not so grand. I finished it (cause I didn't want to waste!) so I could get that 23g of protein in, but decided that until I can drink 6-8oz of milk, this powder is not going to work for me. Mixing it with water is disgusting. So, the only other solution was to reach out to the GB message board, which has become so helpful the last week, for a solution. One person recommended these 3oz protein bullets. They have 42g of protein! YIKES! They come in multiple flavors and are sold at GNC. I bought a few at GNC today and am loving them already! These are really going to be helpful until I can get to the milk drinking point.

Other than that, I've walked to the mailbox (yes, I can hear the sarcastic ooh's and aah's), read a book, and written this blog! Pretty good for someone who had abdominal surgery a week ago! I am very surprised how good I feel. I did not expect that! My purpose this week is to get my endurance up to work a full day. Next week should be interesting. Not only am I getting thrown back into work, but I'll also be on donor call too...what a welcome! It will be SO much fun getting my fluids in if I'm in a transplant! :)

Okay. I think I've probably bored you enough with my protein fiasco. Enjoy your day! It's BEAUTIFUL here! :)

No comments: