Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

YAWN.

I'm sleepy. I got home around 4:45AM from a transplant. It went very well, but I am so exhausted. I woke up from a "nap" about 30 minutes ago with a splitting caffeine withdrawl headache. I'm hoping the tylenol and the chocolate slimfast shake will help soon.

I've been told the second day is the worst. I would have to agree, although I think I have extenuating circumstances with the transplant last night. My body has completely rebelled and all I wanted on the way home yesterday was a cheeseburger! I know this will be worth it in the long run, but I'm not happy about it. Perhaps it's a good thing that I'm not going to work today...I'm pretty crabby!

So I will sit here. With my sweet puppies who are feeling abandoned from yesterday. And we will snuggle and NOT think about cheeseburgers. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you're having second thoughts, you don't HAVE to do it...

Stephanie said...

I do know this! :) I'm not sure it's really second thoughts, and I think lack of sleep causes a lot of harm, too! :)

Just from talking with other people who have had this done, these feelings I'm having are completely normal...and will go away once I start feeling like I've accomplished something after surgery!

But thanks for being concerned about me! :)

Kris said...

Not to rub it in, but I had a cheeseburger today. I can do that because I am pregant. BUT, it didn't taste as good coming back up (burping, a wonderful side effect of pregnancy). So really, you are missing nothing but a terrible after-taste. Cheeseburgers are nothing to crave (you find that out after you eat one and you say, why did I eat that when I know I am going to feel bad afterward). Not sure this was encouraging, but know that we are rooting for you.
Joe says to give you a shout out "Hello".

Jennifer said...

Be strong, be strong!!! Talk to me if you need anything at all!!!