Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm home!

I left my house at 4:30am yesterday! ICK! I had to stop at the hospital lab first to ensure I wasn't pregnant! :) Next came day surgery, where I signed in and waiting until they took me to pre-op. I got an IV and met the anesthesia doctor. My surgeon also came to say hello. I think I was in surgery for about an hour and a half. I woke up in the recovery room, and it was a MUCH nicer wake up than my last surgery. I stayed in recovery for about 5 hours and then went up to my room.

I had a pain pump filled with Morphine so I didn't worry too much the first couple hours. I got up and walked twice yesterday evening. I took some meds to help me sleep and went off to la la land. And that's when all the noise began! There was something waking me up about every two hours or so. Vitals, IV bag changes, Checking the morphine pump, MORE vital signs (I guess they didn't like that my BP was 74/39 and my oxygen levels were 90). These techs did not learn how to be quiet. They pretty much wanted to have a conversation while I was sleeping! I was already crabby from lack of sleep...they should have known better!

Ah well, my night of torture is over. I was discharged this morning and am happily at home to finish recovering! I am still very VERY sore and feel like I was hit by a train, but hopefully this will not last for too long.

Thanks to everyone who lifted me up in prayer, they were much appreciated! I still have a long way to go...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We will continue keeping you in prayer. Glad to hear you are home. Love you!

Jennifer said...

Yay, it was so good to see you today (without your pupils all crazily small)!! I forgot to tell you that my mom and her students have been praying for you.

The Peacock Pearl said...

glad you made it through allright. i always despised the nurses that came in to take my vitals during the night after having a baby... some are nice and leave the lights off and talk softly, but some must be high on caffiene and don't realize how abnoxious they're being.