Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

Desperate times...

...call for very desperate measures. I just mixed pickle juice with chicken broth so I could actually have something that was flavored and NOT bland. It sounds gross, but it was SO SO good! I've been especially crabby this week...mostly just hungry! Perhaps that's why I simply cracked and needed to put pickle juice in my broth. I'm so random.

It seems unreal that I'm having surgery in two days. I have so many people wishing me well, it makes it much easier to go!

Oliver and Liberty seem unphased, with the exception of being pitiful because there's no dropped food.

This weekend brings a LOT of cleaning. I'd rather not recover in a pigsty. Here's my list...since everyone blogging around me seems to list their chores:

~Finish the kitchen (have to run a load of dishes and put them away)
~LAUNDRY (#1 priority...I have lots of piles of clean clothes that need to be folded!)
~Wash all my sheets
~vacuum (this must be done after Oliver leaves...or else the shredding will continue)
~Declutter the kitchen table
~PACK! (I have never been overnight in a hospital before...so I have no idea what to bring!)

Let's see how much I can get done tonight! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget to take a puzzle book or a novel to keep you occupied when you get bored. Extra socks and slippers are nice to have. Your own P.J.s in case you can wear them are certainly more stylish than the nightgowns they provide. A robe might be nice too. Oooh, an iPod or MP3 player if you have one. There's tons of noises that keep me awake in hospitals. I can never sleep! My prayers go with you, you don't have to pack those.

The Peacock Pearl said...

hmm, it must have been a pickley kind of night... i just ate pickles and fritos.