Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's WAY too hot!

I wish that it wasn't a blazing inferno in May. I realize we've been spared from the horrid temperatures for a year or so. Last summer was not bad at all...but this spring/summer is already torture. Why, oh WHY does it have to be hitting almost 100 with 100% humidity? It's just RUDE!

I learned yesterday that my 4 week post op self can NOT handle the heat. Let's just say fainting episodes were involved. NOT fun.

Yesterday, we had the 20th anniversary Children's heart transplant picnic. It was SO much fun! We had a bounce house, a DJ, TONS of food, and probably about 250 people! It was at a really beautiful park with a huge wooden play area for the kids, and a pavilion for all us weenies who need shade. I was there about 5 hours and stayed in the shade probably 4.75 of those hours...and still got sick. I even drank water all day long! So frustrating. Other than my episode, which thankfully occurred near the end when most of the people had gone, I had a wonderful time! I got to play with my kiddos in an atmosphere that isn't the hospital. I got led around by a 3 year old who was screetching "Miss Stephanie! Let's go BOUNCE!!!" and "Miss Stephanie! We need to color on the ground!". So fun! I have so many great families who were able to come! It was a great party! We were even on the news!

After the party, Michael, Jen, and I (plus all our pups) went to my grandma's in Fort Worth to eat dinner with her and my parents. It was nice to be in an air conditioned house! I was supposed to go to Scarborough Faire with Michael and Jennifer today, but the heat was not going to permit that. Liberty and I will busy ourselves with cleaning the house instead. Tonight, I'm going to dinner with friends...so that will be tons of fun!

I don't go back to work until Wednesday, so I'll have to postpone my weigh in until then. Hooray for time off!

No comments: