Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Still recovering...

I'm not gonna lie...it's been a really HARD week. I went back to work last Monday to the happiness of my co-workers. I've really never felt so much love from a group of people I worked with! Everyone was SO sweet to me and wanted to know how I was feeling. I got a lot of compliments...and it was easy to see why when I got dressed that morning in my normal work clothes and realized they were falling off! When I got on the scale, I learned that I was down a total of 24lbs in 3 weeks! How nuts is that?

Starting on Tuesday, I was by myself doing both the inpatient and the outpatient. I really wasn't that busy, but my body was absolutely not prepared for the stress of doing all that work on my own. By Thursday, two of my closest doctor friends were asking me if I felt alright because I did not look right. I had stopped being able to sleep all the way through the night. I was completely overtired and had no energy. Thankfully, I work with great people who were absolutely willing to work with me, and in some cases, yell at me to go home!

I spent the weekend sleeping. Thankfully, I was able to sleep uninterrupted....for the first time in three or four days. Of course, I was still on call, but my sleep was only interrupted once and it wasn't for a heart we were going to take.

I went to work today, excited and nervous to weigh in. I started eating solid foods this week and the big girl inside me was just convinced I wasn't going to lose anything. I was wrong. I lost another 3 pounds! WOW!

Not much exciting going on this week. I'm still trying to recover after pushing myself too hard this week. I just have a feeling we're going to transplant soon...we've got two sweet kiddos who need hearts badly.

Well, I've just become very angry at the TV...so I guess I should turn it off and go to bed. Bed is the best thing right now. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you and we can't wait to see you this weekend.