Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

On call insomniac!

It's currently 5:27AM and I've been awake and up since 2:46AM. I have no idea why I woke up wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep! It always seems to happen when I'm on call...which would be when I probably should get as much sleep as I possibly can in case of transplant! At least I was productive this morning! I've put away all my suitcases and Christmas presents. I've also cleaned off most of the kitchen counters and scrubbed down the bathtub! CRAZINESS!

This past week has been one for the record books. I have been off since the 19th, which has been lovely. Sadly, I have to go back this morning and I have absolutely no desire to do so. Last weekend, I spent quality time with my sister and her husband after their long drive from Virginia. We went over to my grandma's house in Fort Worth and took her to lunch. Then we spent quality time in a thrift store looking for costumes for our family's pirate themed murder mystery dinner theater. I found some GREAT and cheap stuff!

Monday, Jen, Kim, and I went for pedicures and introduced Kim to sushi! Delicious! :) She's normally NOT a foodie, so we thought she was pretty brave. Of course, she didn't eat anything raw...and I doubt she ever will...but it was a good effort.

Tuesday. Bad day. Terrible, no good, horrific day. One of my sweet little patients is now safely in the arms of Jesus. Enough said. After the horrid morning, Kim, Evan, and I trekked down to Grandma's house in Wimberley for the Christmas festivities.

The rest of the week was filled with family fun and games. The only downer was that my dad was sick the entire weekend with what he thought was just tummy troubles. After taking himself to the ER on Saturday night, turns out he has kidney stones. OUCHIE! He's still in quite a bit of pain.

This week will hopefully go by quickly. I'm on call and my co-worker is out the whole week. It should be interesting!

I'm sure I'll do some touching "Adios to 2008" post at a later date....but you'll have to stay posted for that one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad day. I can't imagine doing your job! I'm very impressed by you. Oh, and I'm planning to do my 4th picture tag, I found it, just need to put it up! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I AM WITH KIM SUSHI EWWWWW NASTY. I AM GLAD YOU HAD A LOTS OF MUCH NEEDED FAMILY TIME. MY HEAVENLY BABY WILL WATCH THE OTHER HEAVENLY BABY. YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN MY FRIEND AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH