Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Soap box

I typically don't like to rock the boat too much on my blog. I prefer to leave any statements of conflict or strong opinions to an actual conversation, not my written words. I find this works better for me...there's less of a chance for someone to walk away from a controversial conversation with me with the wrong idea than there is with a blog. It's like texting, there's no way to convey tone in a text. It's not a conversation, it's merely our society's way to limit our personal conversations and have a means to say difficult things without having to actually sit in front of a person and do it. Now, I'm not going to sit here and say I don't text. That's not at ALL what I'm saying. I'm a texting queen. When I look back at my cell phone bill every month, I'm always a little sad at the amount of "non-conversation" I have versus actual phone calls.

I've been taking some time off work lately to deal with some personal stuff going on. It's given me some time (sometimes I think too much time!) to look at some situations in my life that I've been too quiet about. I've had several things happen in the last few months that have really led me to take stock of my life and realize who my true friends are. These people are not shocked or dismayed when things go differently than planned. They don't lecture or judge. They just love. They call and offer support even if they don't agree with choices I've made. They don't ignore the misjudgement on my part, but they realize that everyone makes mistakes and don't label me as some sort of "broken" creature.

Christians are not perfect. Those who believe they are have some sort of piety that I am certain God doesn't welcome. What does God welcome? Those who choose to love the broken, hate the sin and not the sinner, and embrace those who realize their own shortcomings and are making valiant attempts to be more Christ-like.

The friends and family who really know me, know that the circumstances I have found myself in are not the norm. They are not who I am. It is those friends and family who realize this fact that I want to surround myself with. Not the judgers, the prideful, or those who would base how they respond to me on the circumstances, not by what they know of me and my character.

People can change for the good and for the bad. Striving to be more Christ-like is my goal. I hope that is evident. If it isn't, I welcome constructive criticism, but judgement isn't needed or wanted.

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

How fabulous is that promise? It's so certain! It doesn't say, if you have trouble. It says WHEN. God knows we are going to struggle and has given us this most precious promise! When all the crap goes down, our God has conquered it all already and we just need to cling to Him and His promises.

That's my opinion for the week. If you're interested in talking more, most of you know where to find me. If this post spoke to you, than praise God because HE wrote it, not me.

No comments: