Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The way it is!

It's been almost six weeks since I worked, and it's such a strange feeling. I loved my job at Children's, but now I see how much it affected my health! I have been able to sleep without difficulty since my job ended. It's amazing how something like sleep can change a person! Being on call doesn't allow you to sleep well. It's like the calm before the storm, but one never EVER knows when the storm will hit!

I do miss my patients terribly. Being a part of someone's life that intimately is something that is not easily severed, but I am learning to move on. I know these precious babies are cared for, and that is the most important thing. My sweet K, S, D, B, T, C, and so many more will always have a special place in my heart. I am a better person for knowing them and their sweet families.

My new job hasn't started yet...and it's almost driving me nuts! It was supposed to start this week, but my patient's dad was hospitalized, so it's been postponed. I guess it's for the better. I'm going on VACATION this week, so it's probably better that I have some additional time off. It's going to drive me nuts next week if I am not doing something....

Oh yes, my VACATION? I am SO very excited! Jason and I are going with a big group of friends to LAS VEGAS! We've actually had this trip planned since last year and it's finally going to happen! We leave on Saturday and return on Tuesday. We're going to do all kinds of fabulous things....like Cirque de Soleil shows, visiting the Hoover Dam, golf, and just being with fun friends! It seems like I've been on vacation for the last month and a half, but I am certain it will be nice to be out of the state and away from all the drama here!

So, that would be the status of affairs here in Euless. Liberty is busy being a food snatching evil doxie. Oliver is with Becca. I am busy planning my vacation and wedding showers for Becca....and all kinds of other mischief! Including planning my own wedding! :)

Thank you so much to those who have me in your prayers. I still need it on a daily basis. I am a workaholic who is having to learn to not be crazy stressed and busy. I know God is in control and I am SO thankful for that.

1 comment:

Christy said...

i had no idea you quit! of course i am never there so how would i know? what are you doing now? i am going to miss seeing your sweet face whenever i am at work. i know everyone is probably so sad to see you leave. i am sorry that it was affecting your health!
email me at christy@mercyplace.org if you have a chance - i would love to know what all is going on with you.
ps - hope your vacation was fun!