Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Change

I've seen a very welcome change this week. Last week, I sat wondering if I was ever going to use my nursing skills again. I felt like a failure because I wasn't doing what I know I am capable of. It was hard for me to go to work, and I'm not happy to admit that there were tears before several of my work days because of this concern. At the end of the week, I heard from my office that my patient no longer qualified for services. I felt sad for the family, but excited at the thought of a possible new direction for me. It was concerning that I might be out of work until a new family presented themselves, but I was willing to take that chance.

And then I met the sweetest and most needy family. They are absolutely precious. This sweet little boy requires all of my nursing skills, including those I haven't used for years. Trachs, tubes, diapers, you name it...he has it. The mother has the most amazing faith and she and I get along famously. She hugged me on Thursday and told me through her tears that she was blessed to have found such an angel. I certainly don't feel like an angel, but I am so glad to know that my skills are blessing another family. It makes me feel worthwhile! I'm working three days a week and my days go by quickly because I'm so busy!

I've had the most busy week! Between my new patient and having the boys over so much last week, I've been running crazy! Jacob and Andrew came over on Saturday and left on Thursday night. It was SO FUN to have a house full! We played games, went swimming, and generally just got to know more about each other as a family! Andrew is doing a golf tournament tour this summer and he had his first tournament on Tuesday. He didn't play very well, but he hadn't done the tournament thing in 2 years, so it was a nerve wracking experience for him! And a learning one as well! I did learn that boys will EAT me out of house and home! I thought I had plenty of food, but ended up making an emergency food trip on Wednesday! How on earth do people drink that much milk? ICK! :)

In less than three months, I will be married to the love of my life, ready to go on our Maui honeymoon. I can NOT wait for this! The planning, organizing, and worrying are not my favorite part of this process! I'm ready for the finished product! This week, I received a notice from my apartment complex that it's time to renew my lease...which reminds me that I have NO idea where we'll be living in three months! AAAHH!!! :)

That's all that's gone on the last few weeks. My best friend is getting married next weekend, and I'm certain that will be fraught with a whole host of FUN! She and I have been friends for 14 years and I am HONORED to spend her last night of singleness with her. It's gonna be an insane week! Working Tues, Wed, Thurs...then wedding fun on Friday and Saturday! I think the boys will be back on Sunday because Jacob's birthday celebration will be happening, as well as another tournament for Andrew! I love my life!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey,
You're a nurse? I'm glad you found work. It's really hard right now. I'm looking for a job in Health in my area right now, and I can't seem to find anything that suits me. I'm going to school for Pre-med. If you're interested in my ramblings check out my blog.