Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 02, 2010

Seriously people, where does the time go? I really think that I just blinked and it was June. Now it's July! How did that happen? I guess having a few non-stop weeks of action helped it fly by!

A few weeks ago, I had the privledge to be the maid of honor in Becca's wedding. It was a delightfully fun wedding weekend...and there may or may not be pictures of me jumping on a sleep number bed. I'm just saying. I had a great time being there to help her start her new life with her wonderful husband. After her wedding, Jason and I zipped to downtown Dallas to attend the wedding of another dear friend, Jami. It was a beautiful wedding, complete with many of my Children's friends!

Jacob and Andrew have been over here quite a bit this summer. We've had a wonderful time! Andrew has had golf tournaments, Jacob's had a birthday, and it's been amazing bonding with these two and learning to be a family. For Jacob's birthday, we drove down to the Galaxy Drive In Theater in Palmer for miniature golf and Toy Story 3 fun! Yep, Pixar has once again managed to make me cry through a cartoon, but I'm okay with that. At that point, Andrew turned to me in the back of the car (he and I were laying down on top of the folded down seats) to make sure I was okay as I sniffled quietly. Hilarious.

If it's July, then there's just about 2 months until Jason and I say I do! Wow! There's still some things that need to be worked on...engagement pictures, bridals...actually getting a chance to meet with the pastor...you know, minor details! Jason's schedule makes it difficult and we keep having appointments for this stuff and needing to change at the last minute! Ah well, it's the price we pay for having a 24 hr a day on call job! I know it will all get taken care of, so I'm not worried about it at the moment!

Work is going well. I got a promotion this week and was told I'm going to start training for the case manager position! Wow! I've been with this company for 2 months and already I am blessed! I am now going into the office for 2 days of the week and working with my sweet little patient for the other two. Once I'm fully trained, I'll get a raise and move from hourly rate back to salary. It's so encouraging to have trust and faith placed in me.

Well, I'm going to enjoy my day off today! Not sure what I'm going to do, but it doesn't really matter! :)

No comments: