Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 09, 2010

My new normal

I love this new normal that I am engulfed in. It's a normal life when I'm sitting with Jacob and Andrew watching a marathon of Super Mario Brothers and Sponge Bob. Jason is working, but we're still hanging out. It's like a big sleep over. It's a new normal when Jacob says to me that he's "stoked" because my family loves to hear how he and Andrew are doing.

Jason and I are getting married two months from tomorrow. What an amazing thought! I'm ready to get rid of all the planning and just start the living as a wife and a mom! Having these two sweet boys with me this weekend makes me excited for that thought. It's a very real possibility that we may have one or both of these sweet kiddos living with us this fall. This thought really excites me!

I've got some work changes brewing in the near future, and I'd covet your prayers. I really want to get back into the hospital setting. I love my sweet home health patients, but I've always loved the hustle and bustle of the hospital.

Today, I had a conversation with Jacob and Andrew about quality of life. Jacob (14 yrs old!) asked me why I left CMC. I said it was because I didn't have quality of life. I asked him if he remembered me always on the phone and tied to the pager. He said "yeah, you always had to stop what you were doing and talk to the hospital people". I said that as much as I loved my patients, I loved my family more and that to me, quality of life was spending time with them and their dad uninterrupted. It was a very eye opening conversation for me and made me realize how my job changes have benefitted my family.

Well, I've got to get back to Sponge Bob. And an 8 year old who is hanging off the arm of the couch. Hilarious.

No comments: