Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

New and Different

It has been a wild ride. Almost a year of non stop changes! New job, new marital status, new everything! I am so thankful for the blessings I have been given. I should remember to be more thankful for the hardships I've endured, but that is not always so easy.

And so the new starts again! I have a new job! A NURSING job! I'm working in a clinic giving IV infusions. I start IV's, draw blood, access ports, adn all kinds of fabulous nurse things that I have so desperately missed since July. Right now, it's a part time job, but I have the potential to pick up extra hours at two different clinics. I am hopeful that it is a very good thing for our little family.

Andrew celebrated his 9th birthday last week! My grandma was in town and took everyone to eat Mexican food. It's so fun to see these two precious boys interact with my family. My grandma just doted over them. Jacob and my brother are practically twins (except that my brother has NO musical talent). Andrew just thought it was cool that people brought him presents! I had made him a cake and was thoroughly excited to introduce him to....TRICK CANDLES! The child had NEVER had them before and the look on his face was absolutely priceless. They made such an impression that at his birthday party on Saturday, he had to ask his mom if the candles were regular candle or trick candles! Hilarious!

I am sitting here in shock because I just realized that Tuesday is FEBRUARY! Where did my month go? I think I'm perpetually stuck in a time wharp. Maybe it's because I've been so busy and exhausted that I just haven't had the time to stop and process. Who knows.

Two years ago today, I got my very first email from my sweet husband. I can't believe I am so blessed to have married this wonderful man. If you had asked me on New Year's Day 2009 what I'd be doing in two years, I don't think I could even have guessed that I would be a wife and an automatic mom to two precious boys. I am BLESSED! Haven't I said that already?

More blessings are on the way. I don't exactly know what they are, but I choose to believe that God has His hand on our family. I can only continue to praise him for the wonderful things He has given already and for what is to come.

No comments: