Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Russell family adventures

First of all, let me say that I really need to get working on the "bring your camera" angle. We had such a fun day yesterday and I didn't take a single picture! Bad mom! :)

Jacob and Andrew are here this weekend and we've been having a wonderful time. I got home late on Friday night, but they'd already been adventuring with Jason. Liberty was in dachshund heaven with her two favorite little ones back in the house.

Saturday morning, we woke up for our traditional pancake and bacon breakfast. This is typically the first thing out of their mouths when we pick them up. "Um, do you think we can have pancakes for breakfast?" Hilarious. After breakfast and getting ready (and a rousing game of Just Dance 2!), we headed out to enjoy the absolutely BEAUTIFUL Texas weather. It was a gorgeous 65 degrees with sunny skies and no clouds. We went to the Fort Worth Nature Center and explored all the trails we could find. They even have a little building with a lot of Texas reptiles and fish on display. My favorite was the caged prairie dog. I think that was Liberty's favorite, too. She REALLY wanted in that cage. The park ranger actually came up to me and said "Um, ma'am? Your dog is angering the prairie dog. Can you please remove her?" Yikes. We hiked all over the trails and ended up all muddy, but exhausted. We headed out just as they were closing the gates because after all, "Those left in the park after closing will be locked in overnight". Not an adventure we wanted to partake in!

After the hiking, I of course had three ravenous males on my hands. We fed them and they wanted to go hang out at Jason's dad's house for awhile. I think they love it over there because there's always seeming to be some science experiement with fire. This one involved a windshield wiper fluid bottle, alcohol, and a propane torch. Use your imagination. We were there for several hours before pouring two very tired boys and a comatose Liberty into the car to head home. Once home, we unwound with an episode of Sponge Bob and I think the boys eyes were shut before I even turned out the lights for bed!

Today, I came to work for a few hours, managing to sneak out of the house while everyone was still sleeping. I'm hoping they are getting lots of good sleep after our weekend of adventuring while I am happily giving medicine and sticking people for IV's! Not sure what is planned for the rest of the day, but I do know that Andrew has to finish his Valentines for his class party tomorrow. It's a "sock hop" and he's "encouraged" to dress appropriately! He didn't like Jason and I's suggestion of slicking his hair back, but he might roll up his pants and wear some white socks with his dark dress shoes. Who knows. He's thoroughly convinced that none of his teachers are going to dress up. I told him that I can guarantee they will be dressed up...teachers ALWAYS love a day out of dress code!

I've got work at the beginning of the week, a sono appointment on Wednesday (YAY!), and fly out of here on Thursday for an extended weekend to meet my niece, Aubrey. Whew! I'm going to be busy! :)

Jason surprised me on Friday with a BEAUTIFUL flower delivery of a dozen red roses. I just love my husband so much! It seems weird that we've been married for five months already. It seems like much longer. I still can't believe that we're gonna have a baby in August, but I guess I have a little longer for that to sink in! :)

I continually seem to be amazed at the blessings God has provided to me and my little family. I can not seem to thank Him enough.

No comments: