Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Beginnings of my Virginia adventures

Yesterday, I boarded a plane to go meet my beautiful namesake, Miss Aubrey Lynne. As in true Stephanie fashion, the plane trip was quite the adventure. I seriously have NEVER been to Washington DC where I don't have a completely entertaining plane ride. It all started in 2001 when Michael and I went to DC when I had a conference at the Holocaust museum. We actually started a book of all the crazy people we encountered! From the so called African prince at the airport to the really loud pharmacy people at CVS, these are all documented in a spiral notebook (which I think Michael still has). Anyways, this trip was no exception. I sat next to a man who was taking his family to DC for vacation. He drank out of a mystery flask the ENTIRE 2.5 hour flight and subsequently became louder and more boisterous as the flight went on. Towards the end of the flight, he started telling me all about the evils of the American government and how proud he was to be Indian because they gave the world Yoga. It was actually quite sane conversation for someone as trashed as he was! I actually saw him stumbling to the bathroom once in the terminal. Hilarious!

Kim and Aubrey picked me up (WAY past Kim's bedtime!) and we made the 2 hour drive to her house. We spent the day today wandering around shops and experiencing life with a wee infant. From the blowout at Costco to the screaming fit at Target, it was quite the day! It's made me a little more aware of what I am in for! I know Jason knows exactly, but it's one thing to take care of babies at the hospital and then leave them at the end of the day! It's very eye opening! Needless to say, I'm exhausted, but it's a good kind of tired. Aubrey is absolutely precious....smiling and talking (when she's not pooping and eating!).

So now I must shuffle off to bed. I made Kim give me my shot tonight, and she was not thrilled at the prospect, but she did fine. I don't do well giving the shot to myself, which is why I have designated my husband as the shot giver. He does so much better than I do!

It's only 8:10 Texas time. I am pathetic! Good night! :)

No comments: