Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Home again, home again....

Whew! Can't believe it's almost been a week since I got home from Virginia! Again I ask, where does the time go? Seriously!

I had an absolutely wonderful time with my sister and her family. I got a crash course in being a mommy and loved every minute of it. It's still a weird thought to think of my sister as a mom, but she does a stellar job and she and her husband love that sweet baby to pieces. Aubrey is like a mini-Kim, so it's really funny to see some of Kimberly's personality traits coming out in this almost 3 month old baby! The three of us ventured back to the DC area to take me to the airport and I got to help baby clothes shop. Well, I didn't really help, I just got to hold the baby! Of course, the beauty of being the aunt is that you can just hand the baby back when the diaper explodes!

Since being home, I've been working hard at my new job. I absolutely love this job! It's the perfect combination of highly skilled nursing and hospital busy, but not the stress. I work mainly at one clinic with two other nurses, but help out at the other one when they need it. It started out as being just part time, but I've managed to get full time hours by helping out at the other clinic. It has been an absolute blessing.

Jason and I have started the uber fun task of picking stuff out for wee one Russell. We spent a long time at Target yesterday looking at strollers, car seats, breast pumps, you name it. SO MUCH STUFF! It's insanity that someone who is now 3 inches long and the size of a lemon needs this much gear! I will be 14 weeks on Tuesday....whew! I'm holding myself back from too much shopping until I find out the sex of the baby, which should be at the end of March. The sonographer already says he knows, but I'd rather go with the sono of an older baby! Jason and I have our predictions, but we'll see!

The next few weeks will be busy busy busy! I've got lots of hours scheduled and even some play time with my sweet little friend K and his sister! Jason and I are taking our last just the two of us mini trip for awhile in a few weeks...and I can't wait! We had been saving and pinching for the trip and finally got the last little bit this week. After that, it will be nothing but work and saving for our first family vacation, which will hopefully be to Disney World with the boys in June! It will be an interesting trip, seeing as I'll be about 28 weeks pregnant and not able to go on some of my favorite rides! It won't matter a bit because our two sweet boys have NEVER been there and I will get to see the eyes of a first time Disney experiencer! THAT will be so much better!

Thanks to everyone who has kept this pregnancy in your prayers. So far, I have not had any serious issues and have been blessed to really not have much morning sickness or other issues. My energy gets better by the day! I haven't had any complications from my clotting disorder and our most recent sonogram showed a healthy and active little being. My next focus will be that 18-20 wk sonogam which will not only show the sex, but more importantly, look at that wee forming heart. I have faith that it will be completely normal, but seeing as that my nursing background is in heart defects, I have that in the back of my mind as always being a possibility! God is always in control and He has protected this wee one until now so I know He has the ultimate plan in mind.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend and a phenomenal week!

No comments: