Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 06, 2011

March? Really?

Happy Sunday to you!

I am spending this early morning surrounded by patients and IV poles. It is once again frigid in North Texas, as the weather has changes for the 400th time this week! Two days ago, it was 80. When I got up this morning, it was 32. Awesome.

The past week has been a blur, but it seems like they are all starting to be that way. At the beginning of the week, I was convinced the cold weather was over. It has been near 80 all week and so sunny! Unfortunately, a cold front came through Friday night and we're now cold again. Well, cold for March in Texas that is!

Work is continuing to go well. I really enjoy the nurses I work with and it's proving to be a very good experience. I'm working close to full time hours, which exhausts me, but it's SO amazing to be doing nursing again after my short hiatus.

I also got the opportunity to play with my sweet little friend K and his sister this week! He has grown up so much and it made me tear up a bit to remember being there to tell his parents "we have a heart for your son" and then seeing him as a 3 and a half year old! WOW that makes me feel old. Everytime I go play with him, it makes me laugh because he has such a hilarious personality. This visit was filled with him having adventures all over the house with his two little alien toys. I have no idea what kinds of excitement they got into, but HE did and that was all that mattered. His sister and I were happy to play on the floor in whatever room he was currently adventuring in, and that seemed to be what he wanted us to do!

Jason and I had the opportunity to visit with some friends last night at a joint birthday party for anyone having a birthday in February and March. This party has become a yearly tradition for this group of friends. Every year, it's always fun to see the changes in the group...from relationship status, marriages, and new babies. Wow. Two years ago, I was barely in a new relationship. Last year, I was engaged. This year, expecting a baby. Life is amazing!

This week I've got work busyness and then trying to think about getting ready for Jason and I's trip on Sunday. WHOO HOO! I can't wait! If I could spend my entire year vacationing on someone else's dollar, that would be fabulous. But, since my sweetie and I have to live and work, I'll just be thankful for the vacations we do get to spend together either alone or with the kiddos!

If you have a moment, say a prayer for my sweet sister this week. She's headed back to work after her 3 months of staying home and being a new mommy. I know she's not really very excited about it, and even LESS excited about leaving Aubrey. She's an amazing teacher and I have no doubt she'll fall right back into the groove of things, but right now, she's a little overwhelmed!

Thanks for coming to hang out in my little corner of the web. :)

No comments: