Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Miracle

It's funny how a simple sound can be miraculous. It's not a loud sound or an overwhelming one, but very powerful just the same. It is the sweet, trong sound of my child's heart, beating happily inside of me. Now, I'm already discovering this child's stubborn streak! He or she did NOT wish to cooperate for the doctor and tried to hide from detection, but we were triumphant and were able to hear this little one after a good deal of searching.

I was blessed when I met and married Jason to become an instant mom to two sweet boys. These guys have been a joy to get to know. They make me smile every time I see them, and laugh until my sides hurt. They have so much of their daddy in them and I see bright flashes of this all the time. The talent that exudes from those two is phenomenal. These things make me so interested to meet this little one growing inside me. I feel so blessed to have been given a husband who has such an amazing fathering ability.

On Wednesday, we will get to get an in depth look at our little miracle. I'll get to see all those parts which God has fearfully and wonderfully made. I am so excited to see that wee 4 chambered heart, something I have been wanting to lay eyes on since we first knew this gift was coming into our lives. As a cardiac nurse, I can't say that the thought scares me a little, but as a Christian, I need to have peace in the fact that God has brought him or her to this point safely and will continue to provide for us.

So, next week, we'll have a little boy or girl to talk about by name. Clothes to start collecting. All the fun stuff! Jacob and Andrew change their minds every time I talk to them about what they want, sister or brother. This past weekend, Andrew told Jacob he was SO excited to meet his brother or sister so he could "teach 'em stuff". Jacob was slightly concerned that if he had a sister, he wouldn't be able to teach her to burp and make weird body noises. I assured him that sisters were just as capable to learn those skills as brothers were. He seemed fine after that! :)

Liberty and I are having a lazy day. It's 67 degrees outside and beautifully sunny. I ran a few errands this morning and now I'm enjoying the calm breezes and phenomenal temperatures. I go to work tomorrow and work every day until the sono on Wednesday. It's absolutely gonna make time go faster!

Until Wednesday...happy Spring!

No comments: