Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week of craziness!

I am not sure I even had a chance to sit down this week! Whew! Jason and I headed out early Sunday morning for our mini-vacay in where, you ask? Delightful and fabulous LAS VEGAS! We had a simply amazing deal that we couldn't pass up and therefore took the opportunity to rest and relax in the city that never sleeps. We were able to walk up and down the strip, taking in all the opulence that so many people hold dear. Monday night, we went to a Cirque du Soleil show at our hotel. We had gone to one last year, and I thought it was amazing, but Jason really didn't enjoy it. This one was seriously different. It is one of the older Cirque shows, which means it is very VERY typical for the circus like atmosphere. There were so many amazing tricks and bodily feats! I don't know where they find performers like this, but it was simply wonderous to see what the human body is capable of. We both left the show raving and wishing we had the money to see it again! Jason was also able to play golf at a beautiful desert course while we were there. I didn't go with him, but the pictures were absolutely gorgeous. On Tuesday, we headed off the strip over to the Palms for our traditional "fancy" dinner. We ate at a beautiful restaurant and enjoyed the delicious steak and other goodies. While we were there, I saw John Besh, a chef from New Orleans that I've watched on Food Network and Top Chef. I was a tad star-struck! I should have asked for an autograph, but it really was not that kind of restaurant! Wednesday, we headed back home. Jason picked up a very excited Liberty from her Aunt Connie's house the next day and I started off my work week.

Since we were gone for 4 days, I'm not working the mega hours I normally do, but I still think I'm getting in 25 or so. Not bad for having a vacation and having to work! :) I make up for it next week though!

Jacob and Andrew are partying at our house this weekend, which is ALWAYS fun! Yesterday was Jason's birthday, so we celebrated with all his favorites...steak, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and yellow cake with chocolate icing! Delish! The boys have been camping with their mom all week, so I think at Andrew's request, we are going to Guitar Center this afternoon so he can play on the drums since "I'm in withdrawls, Stephanie!" It would be a much better weekend if our air conditioner was working, but in fabulous apartment life fashion, it's OUT AGAIN! Thankfully, when I woke up this morning, it was cool, almost cold in the house and everyone was snuggled up in blankets. I guess I forgot to put Liberty to bed last night because I found her snuggled with Jacob, looking quite guilty as I turned the corner and found her!

In other news, baby is doing well...as far as I know anyways! I haven't felt any movement this week, but I do know that my body parts are starting to shift about more and make me "look" pregnant in certain clothes! I weighed myself this morning and found that I've lost a little weight, but I think that may have been all the walking I did this week. In doing research for bypass patients, I'm still okay as far as weight gain, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it. I know this avocado sized baby is going to catch up in the next few weeks! All my pregnancy apps say that in the next three weeks, the baby is going to more than double in size, going from an avocado to a cantelope! YIKES! I go to the doctor for a regular check up on Tuesday, so we'll see what he says. I am blessed for the moment to have a doctor that has had weight loss surgery, so he is very particular about my special nutritional needs. I was able to stop taking additional iron pills the last time I saw him, so hopefully my levels have remained stable. I do NOT want to have to go that route again! :)

Please keep my sweet little friend K in your prayers. He's been hospitalized for 10 days with a NASTY couple of stomach viruses/bacterias. I know his mom and dad want nothing more for him to be stable enough to take home and away from the other nasty germs that the hospital has. He has made progress over the last few days, and I am so thankful! He is such a sweetheart!

My work schedule is a tad crazy this week, mostly because I'm helping out more at the other clinic and shifting my days to help a co-worker at my clinic. I work Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. I'll be ever so thankful to have Tuesday and Thursday for possible sleep and most likely laundry/house cleaning fun!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: