Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beautiful



Our child is beautiful. Today, I cried on the ultrasound table as I saw our child's 4 chambered heart, with defined tricuspid and mitral valves and symmetrical ventricles. It was an amazing sight. We saw a perfectly formed stomach, brain, spine, and bladder. Two perfect kidneys. 8 ounces of miracle. I get choked up just typing about this beautiful child.

In true Emerson/Russell fashion, this miracle wanted to be mysterious for a while longer. In addition to all those beautiful parts, we saw two very tightly crossed legs and nothing else! The sono tech tried her hardest to get little one to behave, but there was none of that! We started the sono with our child upside down with his/her legs curled over the head and then acrobatics began! Never have I seen such dancing! A family friend used to call me "popcorn" as a child because I never stopped moving and I believe our child is carrying on this trait.

The mystery of gender will continue to be unknown for at least 2 more weeks. I have a regular doctor's appointment on the 14th and the sono tech said we could pop in for a "gender check". God is certainly teaching me patience!

For now, I will do my best to continue to grow this little one as best I can. All the pregnancy books say that the baby will double in size in the next three weeks, so I'd better make sure I'm giving him or her the best nutrition I possibly can...with the occasional peanut m&m thrown in!

I called Andrew and Jacob today to tell them that their brother or sister was so fiesty, and Andrew was so disappointed! We talked for a minute or two about other things and then he said "And so, let me guess....baby....GIRL???" The disappointment in his voice was so sweet! I know both of them are excited.

I don't have to go back to work until the weekend, and then I have three MORE days off before I go back on Thursday! What a nice relaxing week! Jason and I are doing to have dinner at my aunt's house, along with my cousin tomorrow night. SO fun! Other than that, it's going to be pretty low key around here for the next week.

Thank you for all your prayers for today's sonogram. I know that God has brought this little one this far and will continue to form his/her body to that completely beautiful one that we will meet in 4 and a half months! YIPPEE!

No comments: