Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

SARS!

I believe I have SARS. Thankfully, I think I'm on the tail end of the disease process. It's going around at work, and I'm not the lasst one to get it, I'm sure. My friend Amanda has just last night contracted her very own case of SARS. I loaded her up with my own potion of echinecha and vitamin C, which I'm not sure if it actually works, but it couldn't hurt. I think medicine does better than all those stupid herbs, but perhaps in conjunction with the drugs, it might do some good.

Yesterday, I started my occupational therapy. The OT says I have very decreased sensation on the top of my hand, but it should be able to be resolved. She is using some ultrasound to help desensitize the nerve. I haven't seen any progress yet, but that is probably because I've only had one treatment! :)

It's been a really exciting week at work. We've had some BIG wishes come true for some of our favorite patients! These precious people still need lots of prayers, but they are making baby steps towards a new life!

The other exciting news is that I started back to Weight Watchers last week. I knew I needed to for a couple of months, but having all my "skinny" clothes start to be too tight was NOT something I was prepared to deal with. They're supposed to get loose! So, after one week on the program, I've lost 6.8! Some of that probably is monthly water weight, but it is encouraging to see that much come off! It shouldn't be too long before I get back to where I was before. Hooray!

School starts next week. PLEASE pray because I am not looking forward to this semester as I've heard it is wretched. I've really enjoyed having my time off. Oh well, it's only a couple months, right? :)

It's a beautiful and COLD day in my neighborhood...what's it like where you are?

2 comments:

Reeding Teacher said...

It's in the 30's and sunny here.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on the old blog. It was very exciting to get a new kidney this weekend. We are glad to be home and on the road to recovery.