Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Overworked!

I have never been SO tired after a weekend on call. Apparently everyone in the hospital is completely incapable of doing the work on their own. So many stupid questions were posed to me this weekend! On top of that, I got chewed out by an angry and frustrated parent (not at me, but the situation he's in). I just sat there and validated his feelings and directed him to the person who could actually do something about it. I've also had NO sleep in the last 36 hours because we've had FOUR really good heart offers that I've spent an average of 6 hours each on, and then they all fell through because of various stupid reasons. It's frustrating to work that hard and have NO ONE get a heart because of it. I think I talked to the surgeon about every hour since last night at 7pm. I'm just thankful it was her, and not the other surgeon because he would have come even more unglued than Kris and I did. Thank goodness for small blessings.

I went to a wine tasting last night, which was completely interrupted by the first of the four heart calls. I did get to enjoy a good part of it, although not the wine. Darn being on call! :( Today, I went to a goodbye brunch for a good friend of mine. I was only called away to the phone twice during that! Hooray!

I'm all alone this week as my counterpart has taken vacation. It should be pretty busy, especially since we're going to be discharging our newest transplant (out in less than a WEEK after transplant!) tomorrow. Aside from that, we'll see what madness develops! I am praying for uninterrupted sleep tonight! Please? PLEASE? :)

1 comment:

Kris said...

I hope you got your sleep! So good to see you and we need to get together more often. Here's to a blessed 2008.