Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Answered prayers!

Two weeks ago, I experienced the worst transplant I had ever been in on. It was long, drawn out, complicated, and disheartening. It didn't end well and the next 2 weeks were an absolute stress-filled disaster. This sweet little boy ended up having to be re-listed, with no idea if we were even going to get any offers. Time was running out...

Until 10:59 last night, when someone made the decision to offer the gift of life. I can NOT stress enough how much organ donation affects people. Honestly people, you do NOT need your organs after you're gone...so why keep them? There are so many myths about organ donation....and so MANY REWARDS! To see the face of someone change after you've just told them "We have a heart for your son/daughter" is a look I'll never be able to erase from my mind. Why would someone want to hold that back or not allow it to happen? Did you know there are 90,000 people waiting for organs and only about 35,000 organs being donated? Ridiculous!

Anyways....off the soap box and back to reality....

I am anxiously awaiting the results of this newest transplant, but I DO know that the new heart is beating...something that couldn't be said for the last one. :) Please keep the prayers going for this sweet boy and his family. Seeing as the last thing he said to me was "I love you Stephanie!", I really REALLY want a good outcome! Pray hard! AND BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR!

No comments: