Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And it beats on...

What beats on? Well, hopefully my heart does! :)

This week has been busy, but I guess that's a good thing. We haven't done any transplants at work, but then again, I'm not currently on call. I go back on call Friday morning. Until then, I'll happily sleep without the host of phones and pagers on my nightstand. I'm alone the rest of the week, so I'm sure there will be about fifteen kids who need stuff ALL at the same time! Most of the time, I prefer to be alone instead of dealing with the daily drama! Today, I went to lunch with my favorite surgeon, which was a nice break in the middle of the clinic day madness!

The weather is AMAZING! I don't particularly care for the rain, but the fact that it is bringing cooler temperatures is phenomenal! It's so wonderful to go to sleep hearing the fountain outside and bundling up in my duvet for warmth! It's surprising I'm still cold, with all the dogs in my bed!

I got offered a new job this week! The director of the transplant program offered me the nurse manager position. When I got my bachelor's in nursing, I didn't ever intend to use it for management...it's just not my style. I absolutely love the interaction with the patients and their families and I'm not ready to give that up. Once I mentioned the offer to one of my cardiologists and my surgeon, I was told that I will NOT be abandoning them for management. It's nice to feel needed and loved! I am extremely flattered, and told my director "thanks, but no thanks". He completely understood and said I was the only person in the department he offered it to. Guess that means I have the management skills, even if I don't want to use them right now.

I'm currently cooking (yes, GASP!) something for the Boss day brunch tomorrow. I'm attempting to get as much of it ready tonight in order to just throw it together tomorrow morning and climb right back into my little bed whilst it cooks. So far, I've cooked bacon and sauteed green peppers and onions. I have SKILLS! :) Since the brunch starts at 9AM, I'm just gonna go in a little late so it can stay nice and warm, right out of the happy oven. It's nice to live so close to work!

I also have to leave early tomorrow for a stupid nerve test on my legs. Remember the jelly legs? Yep, they are STILL around...although not as bad as they were. What really worries me now is that I have strips of numbness and I don't understand why I'm still weak. Today, while taking the puppies outside, I completely missed a step and fell flat on my face....so attractive! I almost drove myself to ER on account of the swollen wrist, but hopefully the swelling will go down and I'll have just sprained it nicely. I am such a klutz.

Last night, my aunt and I went out to dinner at the Four Seasons! WOW was that an experience! I never get to go to those kinds of places, but we decided to just do an appetizer meal. We had divine seared ahi and some lobster yumminess. I also had a glass of phenomenal red wine. I have to be SO careful with wine...one sip too many and I'm pretty much ready to make inappropriate choices! Guess that's my reason not to drink at all! :)

Okay, enough rambling. Better go finish prepping my breakfast casserole! :)

No comments: