Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fighting off the usual

It wouldn't be a fall/winter season if I didn't get sick at least once! More specifically, if I didn't get pneumonia and spend several days miserable and hacking! It came a little early this year seeing as it likes to come around February, but maybe this means I'll be free for the rest of the winter? One can hope. I started feeling the asthma act up last week and my doctor called me in the steroid pack for weenies. I felt better, but starting Saturday, felt the crud coming on again and worse. This time, it came with fever! Delightful!

I ended up going to the doctor on Monday who listened to my lungs and found some nice "dense" areas and started me on antibiotics and the "BIG GUNS" steroids. If you know me and have been reading for any amount of time, you know this is BAD news for my psyche. Steroid rages are pretty bad for me...ranging from insane emotional highs and lows, hot flashes, insomnia, and insane eating needs. Three hours after taking my first dose, I had already yelled at Liberty for sitting too close to me and then cried about it because I felt like a horrible mom. Welcome to my dramatic steroid world. Since then, I've mostly just had the hot flashes and insomnia, because let's be honest, I RARELY get hungry. If I do, it's most likely because I haven't eaten all day...which really isn't a good thing for me to attempt!

I feel SO much better now. I've still got the lovely cough, but that will be around for awhile.

Tomorrow I am headed to my grandma's house in Fort Worth for Thanksgiving goodies! It should be quite interesting to see what I'm able to eat. I'll probably try and steer away from poultry (stupid aversion!), but I don't CARE what it does to Betty...I WILL be having some of my mother's dressing. YUM. I won't be eating dessert, so it will all even out! :) Friday...shopping! Can't WAIT to see the ads in the paper tomorrow and plan out my attack.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: