Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

St. Louis adventures!

I am happily home! I spent the weekend in St. Louis at a transplant certification review course...whoopee! :) I hope to be taking this test in the next few months and I think the course was good for me...at least one would hope!

I flew in Friday night in some sort of winter freeze watch. It was delightful! Thankfully, it was only rain, not ice! I got to the hotel, only to find out that my room had been switched to two doubles. Why do I need two beds? I called to see if there was a king bed room available, but only smoking rooms were free. ICK! I resigned myself to the fact that I would just pick a bed. The front desk guy called a few minutes later and said he had a new room for me! I went and got my new key...to my SUITE! Wow! Apparently, the front desk guy felt sorry for me and gave me a bigger room! How delightful! I dragged my stuff all over the hotel, but in the end, it was worth it! I ate dinner and went to bed LATE...which was stupid because I had to be up early the next day!

Saturday, I had the class ALL DAY. Yawn. There were some parts that I was exceptionally bored, but some of the classes were quite good. That night, Jennifer came and picked me up! She was in St. Louis visiting her family and busted me out of the hotel for the night! I ate dinner with them, then she and her brother and I watched movies the rest of the night until I had to go back to the hotel. The only thing that was crazy was I had the WORST stomach issues I ever have had...not quite sure yet what caused it, but I think it might have been some ranch dressing. Angry Betty!

Today, I tried to sleep late, but I couldn't. Sadness :( I got on the plane, got back to Dallas earlier than I thought, picked up Lib, and came home. Now I'm getting ready for bed, sad at the thought of going back on call tomorrow after three weeks of being free. I have another trip this weekend...which is just seeming to be typical after two weekends in a row of travel. I'm going to Houston for a ventricular assist device seminar. Thankfully, I am only gone Thursday night and part of Friday. I do get to stay in some fancy "Woodlands Resort"...so that should be interesting. I'm probably going to be happy to not go anywhere for awhile after that.

I'm so addicted to Food Network. It's just sad. If I was a housewife, this channel would be so bad for me. I'd probably spend the entire day watching it, and when I wasn't watching it, I'd be realizing how UN-food networky I am. It's all good...some people can cook, some can not. I will gladly say that I am in the "not" category. I DID make some fabulous green vegetable curry tonight! It tastes REALLY good and I'm excited to have it for the next five meals! I split it up into wee containers so I have portion control...not that this is an issue! Last week, I made my mother's modified "porcupine meatball" recipe. YUM-O! (Oh dear, another Food Network reference!) I used ground buffalo, cream of mushroom soup, and water chestnuts instad of rice. I have one tiny container left and it is DELIGHTFUL!

Okay. Guess I should head to bed. I'd like to be able to take a day off this week because I had today off, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I hope your week is wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my problem is I feel like I have to eat a whole cow before I am full lol I am glad you had a safe trip