Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Busy Busy Busy!

Whew! It's been a crazy few days, but I'm not really certain that it's going to calm down any time soon. The weekend was a good one. We had lunch with my family on Sunday, including my sister and niece who were still in town. I picked the two of them up early Monday morning for some sister fun! We went shopping and just rambled around town. Kim had requested Jason make his divine biscuits and gravy for dinner, so we just hung out after the shopping, enjoying pool time and delicious food. I took her to the airport Tuesday morning for her flight back home. Unfortunately, that flight was diverted due to weather and it took her MUCH longer to get back to her husband and home, but she's safely there now.

Yesterday afternoon, Jason and I traipsed once again to the doctor's office for a visit and a sonogram check up of our sweet little girl. Since I am high risk due to my clotting disorders, the doctor wanted to check my placenta and umbilical cord to ensure there aren't any issues there. The sonographer was amazing and even switched over to the 4D view since we hadn't been able to catch little miss sneaky with our two other attempts. He called it the "Tuesday afternoon special"! We learned that our daughter is now head down and no longer breech! She decided to move on her own...what a huge blessing! :) She weighs 4 1/2 lbs and looked abolutely perfect. The images we saw of her beautiful face brought tears to both Jason and I's eyes as we saw her smoosh her sweet little face against the uterine wall. We got to see her breathing and opening and closing her mouth. The sonographer had a student with him so they were looking once again at all her important parts and finding that she truly is fearfuly and wonderfully made. In our meeting with the doctor, he is moving me now to once a week doctor visits with sonograms at each visit. He said he will NOT be letting me go past the 40 weeks, but would rather me deliver between 38-40. He doesn't want to have to induce labor because he'd rather let her come on her own, a plan that Jason and I both were very happy to hear. I continue to be thankful that we found this doctor when we needed to switch from my previous Dallas doctor. He really has a personal interest in his patients and their children.

I am working the rest of this week-Wed/Thurs/Friday and then off the weekend. I think the boys will be coming over in the next day or so, so we'll be able to have some fun times with them while I'm not working those few days! Yippee! I'm hoping to get some school supply shopping done in the next week or so, but we'll see. Andrew is going to a brand new school this year, and I'm not quite sure of his list yet. I LOVE to shop for school supplies, which is partly why we didn't just buy the school supply pack through the PTA! Jacob will be going to HIGH SCHOOL where they have no lockers and he gets to carry around his supplies in a back pack. I'm certain that will be an interesting situation. I'm guessing we're not going to know much of what he needs beyond the basics until after school starts. It's so amazing to see these sweet boys growing up and becoming young men.

I keep reading in my pregnancy emails that Miss Olivia's movement will be less as she continues to gain weight. I haven't noticed this yet. This little 4.5lb spitfire has become even more active if this is possible. I'm convinced she's just doing the opposite of what the "norm" is. I have no idea where she's received this trait. Mysterious.

Guess I should go think about something productive today. HA! Thanks for tuning in.

No comments: