Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 07, 2011

A week's adventures

It has been busy around here, but then again, when is it not? I worked Tuesday through Friday of last week, then Jason and I went to my grandma's in Wimberley, then back home for a few days of rest before more work!

We had a great time at Grandma's house for the 4th of July! We left here on Saturday afternoon and traversed down by way of the kolache bakery of course! On Sunday, we had the opportunity to go with Grandma to the church patriotic service (complete with community band!) and the VFW Rodeo. The 4th was a lazy day, complete with TV fireworks (stupid burn ban)and grilling. We came home on Tuesday afternoon. The boys were with their mom for the 4th, but I know both of us wished they could experience the fun at grandma's. We played Catchphrase, ate ourselves silly, and just relaxed! Hopefully, they will get to enjoy the Goodman mayhem soon! We were all together for Andrew's birthday this year, and both boys had a great time!

We've actually gotten a lot accomplished since we got home on Tuesday. I've been meaning to clean out the area where Olivia will be sleeping, but just haven't had the time or energy. I got a renewed burst when we got home and folded all the laundry, cleaned the window sills and baseboards, and put all the junk away! Jason moved furniture, vacuumed, and put together her bed so we now have a place for our sweet little girl to sleep! I think my next step is to start organizing all her clothes and getting them washed! I have at least started thinking about the hospital bag and maybe that will get done in the next week or so.

My hours at work got switched around again, and I'm back to working 12 hour shifts. I'm not really sure what I think about this yet, but I do know that I'll be happy to only be working 3 shifts a week most of the time. I will have to pick up 1 weekend a month, but since those days are short, it won't be too terribly bad. My director has been great to do the schedule so I will normally only do 2 long days in a row. I have no idea when this little girl will decide she wants to come be with us, but I do know I do not have any intention of working myself into a labor situation! I am thankful for a low stress job that I get to sit down as much as I need to!

Since the 4D machine was broken last week, we won't be able to get that view of our little girl, but we will still get to see her sweet self on Tuesday. My OB is considering me "high risk" because of the blood clotting fun, and just wants to check to make sure everything looks ok. I don't have any problem with that! :)

Kimberly is in town until Tuesday! I'll probably go fetch her from Grandma's on Monday morning for a sleep-over and then to the airport on Tuesday morning. We had the opportunity to play with sweet little Aubrey in Wimberley this weekend and see the wonderful momma that Kim is. She is such a good baby! Her favorite toys of the weekend were a plastic spoon and a sponge! She's a cheap one!

Whew! It seems overwhelming when I go back and read all that's happened over the last week! Please keep praying for our little family...the prayers are greatly appreciated!

No comments: