Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Friendships are forever.

I was all prepared to write how crazy my week was going. My new job is tiring, but I haven't completely decided what I think about it yet! I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I figure out what's going on!

My grandma (dad's mom) experienced a great loss tonight, her best friend of 60+ years. Grandma and Katie met in nursing school...and dated cousins. They eventually married cousins and both moved from the midwest to Texas. They shared the births of their children, the empty nest, the passing away of their husbands...and remained friends through it all. They vacationed together, shopped together, grew old together. Pray for my grandma...and for Katie's family...which is my family since we're all cousins! I think the funeral is on Saturday, which is a rotten excuse to see my family, but oh well. I need to be there to support my grandma. What a wonderful example of friendship I have in front of me!

Let's see....aside from being at work, I've pretty much been doing a LOT of non school reading and watching Dancing with the Stars/The Bachelor. Doesn't that sound productive? I just have to give a presentation on Thursday and then I'm done!!!

I saw one of my most favorite kiddos today in the clinic. She was here for a well check up...and she looks amazing! I've really bonded with her family and it's wonderful to see how far she's come! She was my first very VERY sick baby when I was just off orientation. I took care of her when I was on night shift and her mom and I spent MANY sleepless nights worried about her! And now she's almost 2! Her mom always brings me pictures to put on my name badge! She's such a miracle baby!

Well, must be going...I've got lots of kids to see in clinic tomorrow, so today should be faster than today! I forgot to explain that ALL the heart transplant people are in conference in San Francisco this week...and I mean all! The transplant doctor, the surgeons, the other coordinator! So, I get to see all these kids by myself...but thankfully I have a really great manager who has promised to see them with me! Today, I didn't see ANY kids and was so freaked out by the quiet I had to go steal a friend's IPOD (I'd love one, by the way!) so I had SOMETHING to listen to!

Okay. Now I am gone. Adios!

No comments: