Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 29, 2007

I wanna DANCE!

I have always wanted to take dance lessons...ever since I was a little wild child. For some reason, I was never allowed to. Perhaps it was that we had not a lot of extra money or time when I was growing up. Perhaps my mother thought it brazen. Who knows? What I DO know is that every time I watch Dancing with the Stars, I suddenly start browsing the web for dancing schools. I just wish that some dashing dancer would teach me the Mamba and the Samba and the Passa Doble...and all those fancy moves they do! Ah well, perhaps I will find someone who will want to teach me to dance.

Work has been basically okay. My sweet little transplant boy came home from the World Series game absolutely GLOWING! He DID get to throw out the first pitch, although that part wasn't televised...much to the chagrin of the entire DFW cheering section. He sat up in the president of the Red Sox box, did TWO press conferences, met all the Red Sox team, and just basically felt like the sweet star he is! He was thrilled and thankful today, even though he had to spend the day at the hospital, that he got to experience all that. Our surgeon was equally excited, practically running around her office telling every single detail of the trip without stopping for breath! I think that's one of the reasons I just love her! What an amazing woman! Here's a link to one of the MANY news stories done about him. He was in 176 news stories, including TV/radio/print!
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=4745572&version=1&locale=EN-US


The best part of the week was getting to spend time with my precious friend Jennifer. After losing her daughter two weeks ago, she's been back in Odessa and I have missed her! I've seen her almost every day for 4 months, and I'm going through withdrawls! She brought her son to Boo at the Dallas Zoo this past weekend and we ate lunch together on Saturday and then went to the mall for fun shopping on Sunday! I really miss her.



Friday I am leaving for Arizona. The conference I went to three weeks ago was only slightly coordinator focused. It was really more focused on donors. This conference is JUST FOR coordinators! NEW coordinators! I'm very excited about it! Hopefully, I'll learn enough about the other organs to be able to ace my certification test that I must take next spring. I am hoping to find lots of people to network with. I am staying in a big hotel room all alone, but I've been told there's lots of fun to be had in the area, so perhaps I'll investigate! The weirdest thing is that Daylight Savings time starts while I'm gone. Arizona doesn't participate, so when I come back, my internal clock will be TWO hours off! Odd!

Well, puppies are calling. They are displaying attention seeking behaviors. Sweet things!

No comments: