Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Random stuff and some Shakespeare...

Lots of things have transpired this week! I got back from Nashville last Wednesday after 2 days of doing nothing but sitting in meetings and eating! I think it was a very worthwhile conference, and I hope to be able to implement some of them in my practice. I had Thursday all to myself (well, Liberty and I!) and ran errands and things that can't be done when you work M-F. Friday, my parents came into town! My brother/sister in law, my parents, and I traipsed off to the fair for afternoon delights! Saturday, we got up and went back to the fair! I was absolutely faired out by the end of the day, but it was fun! Saturday night, I kidnapped my favoritest transplant baby's mom and my family took her out to dinner! She and I have become friends during the six months she's been in Dallas. (She's from Odessa)

Sunday was an absolutely wretched day. I got a phone call that my favoritest transplant baby (the one whose mom I had kidnapped the night before!) had coded multiple times and the family had decided that the baby had enough and was withdrawing support. This baby is an absolute angel. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and adorable smile. I have grown so attached to her over the last few months! Needless to say, I didn't have full control of the tears at that moment. I drove up to the hospital to spend time with the mom and her recently passed baby. I helped mom give her precious angel a bath and dress her in her finest while she waited for her husband to arrive from Odessa. Everyone who had ever cared for this sweet diva was absolutely crushed and it's gonna take me a long time to recover from this one. It never EVER gets easier to lose patients, but it's especially hard when you've gotten attached. Monday, I was able to help this baby's mom grieve by going to the scrapbook store and helping her pick stuff out for the last scrapbook. Again, mothers and fathers should NOT have to bury their own children, but what a blessing it is when they know that they will see them again someday! This precious mom told me Sunday she could never have gone through all this without her faith!

I really love one of the last quotes from Hamlet, and I thought it absolutely fitting for this little angel...
"Good night, sweet princess, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"





Rest in the arms of Jesus, my precious baby. You've earned it!

3 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

it's hard to look at her, she looks so similar to zosia. :(

Stephanie said...

Her birthday's about a week apart from Zosia. It was 4/10....

Unknown said...

Hi Steph! I've been visiting your site and watching with amazement at who you've become! What important work you do. I love how completely devoted you are to the patients and their care. You are definitely where God intended you to be right now. I'm so sorry about your favorite baby. Hopefully, you can have a long relationship with her mommy. Keep on trucking, you're doing such a good thing!