Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Advancing slowly

My diet of choice this week has been the good, old, reliable clear liquid. I learned about 24 hours after my stricture dilation that clears were about the only thing my sensitive stomach was going to handle right then. I've mostly kept to that and have only really ventured out in my choices the last few days.

I have discovered that my nausea/vomiting really only likes to come in the morning. It's like I'm pregnant. I've learned to take nausea medication when I get up, and about 75% of the time, I can ward off the episodes. Some days, I'm not so lucky. If you see me in the morning and I look a little off, it's probably one of those bad mornings!

Other than the puking, I'm doing pretty well. I'm trying to get back to the part of my diet where I can eat the majority of my protein in food. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks...hopefully by then I will have accomplished something! My energy levels are good, but usually not until the afternoons! I've lost a total of 53lbs in my 8 weeks, which I think is pretty good. I'm hoping that this isn't too fast. I don't want to waste away faster than I should. That doesn't seem healthy at all!

I am STILL off call, which thrills me to no end. I don't go back on call until this weekend, when I go on with my favorite surgeon who won't wake me up with every single offer. I actually don't have any plans this weekend, which usually means I'll be stuck transplanting in the OR. That's usually how it goes. And with SEVEN kids waiting, it's only a matter of time.

Liberty and Oliver have been so funny the last few days! Yesterday, I spilled some dog food in the laundry basket while I was refilling the food containers. The dogs found it necessary to drag the laundry basket across the room, almost removing a shirt through the holes. They were determined to get those four pieces out! Crazies.

Well, it's getting late and I do have to be up in the morning...blast it all. I have NEVER been a snooze girl and I'm getting SO bad about it. My snooze is only three minutes...so is it really worth it? Most likely no.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you! You're almost halfway there, chica! Don't mind the correction, but many people get "morning sickness" all day long! So, I'm glad yours is only in the morning. Hope you're able to get some real sustenance soon, I'm worried about your nutrition intake.

Reeding Teacher said...

I love your new background...so very you.