Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wow! Was last week CRAZY or what? Work seemed to explode with more and more kids needing to be evaluated for transplant, kids having complications, but ironically (and kinda thankfully), no one was transplanted! It was BUSY! I was so happy to have Friday come around and have the weekend start! Shockingly, it's been a relatively quiet weekend, although that can change at the drop of a hat.

I've felt pretty good this weekend. I've gotten all my liquids in, and have even eaten more than one meal a day! I win! I'm still working SO hard on eating the things that I know my body wants...like protein. I'm having to get over some humps that I had right before my stricture. I got REALLY burned out on lunch meat and cheese, even though those are great protein sources. I need to get back to where I want to eat those things because right now, the thought of them makes me dry heave. It's completely psychological, so any suggestions on how to overcome that would be helpful!

In two weeks, I'll be going to camp! Oh yes, you DID read that right! I'm going to be a camp nurse at my church's brand new camp in Hawkins. I'm so excited! I'm a tad nervous at the thought of being outside and having to maintain REALLY good hydration, but I'm hoping by that point, I'll be fine! :) It should be so much fun...and now I just need to get prepared! I don't really have any clothes that fit, and that might just be a good thing to have. I'll have to go to Goodwill because I do NOT want to go buying new clothes for a week and then I'll be shrinking on out of them. Thankfully, the nurse's station does have a washer/dryer, so perhaps I'll be able to recycle some of my clothes and not have to find so many!

Life just does not get any more exciting than that...or at least I hope not! I need some calm! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My question is totally not related to your post, but congrats on getting back towards eating healthy. I don't have any sandwich advice, though I do really enjoy a nice turkey and cheese sandwich just about every day. I think the secret is to find a meat and cheese combination that you enjoy (and is low in sodium, I'm guessing).

My question is about the Prograf and Myfortic co-pay information. I didn't get any info from the doctor's office, and I'd love to konw where to go to find out more!

The Peacock Pearl said...

i wanna go to camp.

Unknown said...

Many lunch meats actually have Nitrates in them, check the labels! An even healthier and cheaper route to go is to buy a whole chicken or giant turkey breasts ($5 at Aldi's for 2 pounds), cook them then slice them or shred the meat for salads. We grill whole chickens all the time for this purpose, but the oven works just as well. That mixes it up a bit too.