Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The way it always goes!

It would just figure that the day I would go back on call, I'd be transplanting all night long. Ah well, as long as the babies get hearts, I'm okay with that. I think the last transplant we did, I had just come on that same day as well! How weird! :) It was my first transplant since my surgery, and it was SO hard to stay hydrated! Thankfully, the OR nurse is pregnant and she needed to keep drinking too...so she helped me remember! Every 15 minutes or so, I'd sneak off to side room to take a drink.

The rest of the weekend was spent catching up on sleep and general lounging around. At one point in my sleepy haze on Saturday, I started some laundry...which turned out to be an entire weekend project (even though it was only one load!). Oliver took advantage of my sleeping time by shredding toys and popsicle sticks all over the floor. I believe Liberty just slept next to me during his run of destruction, but I can't be sure.

Today, I got some horrible news...one of my very closest friends' mom passed away last night. Please keep Amanda and her family in your prayers. Amanda's mom was a believer, so I absolutely know she's in a better place right now. My friends are I are way too young to be losing parents.

On a more joyful note, today is my parents 35th wedding anniversary. WOW! I am so blessed to be born to parents who picked right the first time and stuck it out for all of these years. They have produced three normal (well, I guess you could say semi-normal) children, all of whom have college educations, good jobs, and morals. Six puppies call them grandma and grandpa. They've set a wonderful example of what marriage should be.

Well, sleep should be calling soon....and hopefully not any heart offers! :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

stephanie!
i found your blog on lorin's blog! i am a blogger too! (i do this way better than myspace) i am going to add you to my list of friends and can't wait reading your posts! see you tomorrow!

Jennifer said...

Semi-normal is so true. And yes, I count myself as one of those!