Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My interview!

WELL, so most of you don't know that I applied for a new job this week. Since I started at the hospital, I've been really interested in the transplant program. I absolutely love taking care of our transplant kiddos...and have aspirations of one day being a transplant coordinator. That position follows the kids from before they are transplanted until afterwards and forever! It involves time in the operating room, the heart clinic, the floor, and the ICU. It is a really big promotion, but does take me away from the bedside. Well, a spot opened up as the heart transplant coordinator..and I took a leap of faith and applied! It was actually for a nurse practitioner, but the current coordinator told me that I needed to apply. Today, I had the marathon of all interviews. I had SIX interviews...lasting from 8AM until 6PM. I had a break in the middle of the day, but it was still the longest interview I have ever been on. I thought it was going to be just this little thing....and it turned into a huge thing! I thought it went really well, and I don't know when I'll find out anything. SO, after that long rambling paragraph...I'm gonna ask everyone to keep this situation in your prayers. I felt really calm about the whole situation, but I'm not exactly sure it's what I'm supposed to do...but I did feel at peace during the interviews. If I don't get the position, I'll still happily work on my floor because I really do love it. I'm not applying for this job because I don't like mine. I LOVE my floor, but this is a really big deal! SO...that's that.

Other than that, I am SO tired right now. I'm counting the minutes until I can go get in my bed...and I hope it is soon! :(

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hooray! You're amazing marathon-interview-girl!!! You're in our prayers!

Kris said...

I will be praying for you! A lady at our church is a transplant coordinator. She works hard but loves what she does. Let me know and I could put you in touch with her. Might be a good connection.

The Peacock Pearl said...

wow, sounds like something that you would really be great at!!!