Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 15, 2007

No work for 2 weeks!

Hooray! I don't have to work again until the 28th! This makes me HAPPY! :) I've had a really rough couple of days, with the precious patient on the verge of death (who told me I was his Valentine yesterday...but I think he told everyone that!) and a really terrible intern I am trying to train. I'm really glad to be given this break...and hopefully I will have a brighter outlook when I return. I have to do two leadership clinicals before I come back...and that does put me at the hospital, but I'm not going to go up to the floor or anything. I need a clean break! :) Sometimes, it just gets like that! I LOVE the people I work with, and it's not to be rid of them...but mostly just away from the day to day routine! :)

I haven't heard whether I got the new job yet, but I do know they are still interviewing and will make a decision by the end of next week. I'm really at peace at this point because I know I did the best job I could. I don't believe I left anything out, and I think I effectively communicated my love for transplant! I'll just wait peacefully to find out and if I don't get it, I'll go back to work without a regret because at least I TRIED! :)

Sunday morning, at the ridiculously early hour of 5:34AM, I am flying to Virginia to go play with Kimberly for a couple of days. I'll be with her at her newly purchased house until Thursday, then drive back to DC to hang with Michael and Jennifer at their fancy Ritz Carlton for the next couple of days. I LOVE Washington DC and am so excited to go again! It's a lot of walking, and it's sure to be cold, but that's okay...museums are heated! :) While at Kim's, I won't have access to internet and my cell phone service probably won't be the greatest there...so it will be interesting! :) BUT, I know my sister wants to show me around her new life, and she's worked really long and hard to get a bunch of overtime hours so we can have fun in the afternoons! :) Liberty will be having tons of fun with her brother and sister at Becca's house for the first part of the week, then she'll go with them to the PetsHotel to be boarded so Becca can leave for her cruise. I'm sure they will be a WILD trio when I pick them up Monday afternoon! I'm kind-of afraid of what they will do to me!

Perhaps I should get back to class....or maybe not. :) I guess I should, especially since I'm learning about how not to be sued for malpractice! :) That would be HORRID!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I'm just going to miss crossing paths with you in DC... I'm headed there on a business trip, but won't get in until the evening of the 26th. :-(

Enjoy your vacation, the long breaks are a blessing.

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to play in DC!!! Thai food, here I come!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, and remind me to stretch every morning before we start walking, ok?