Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Klutz!

I'm such a retard! As if I didn't have enough issues going on right now, I added a new one! :) Today, I went to Petco to buy the puppies some treats. I was looking around for a air tight container to put the treats in (more on this later!). A random employee was helping me find them. We walked around the corner, and I proceeded to trip right over the edge of the display! I landed on my knees, then on my face! If you've ever been around me during one of my clumsy moments, I normally laugh right afterwards because I feel so stupid! I got up (not easily because of the continued numb legs!) and examined myself for injuries. I have a horridly scraped up wrist (still have no idea how that happened!), bruised knees, a pulled calf muscle, and I ripped holes in the knees of my scrubs! I'm such an idiot! I'm sure I'll feel more sore tomorrow, but today the only thing that's sore is my pride! Thankfully, I don't have much of that! :)

The whole reason for the trip to Petco started with bugs. I have these horrid black flying bugs in my apartment. For weeks, I've been trying many things to get rid of them. I killed off all my plants, cleaned withing an inch of my life, and had the apartment complex spray for bugs. The bugs persist. Yesterday, when I was putting the puppies in their crate for the day, I noticed that the treat jar was crawling. There were these stupid black fly things all in the treats, eating them and no doubt reproducing inside the jar! EW! I threw the whole thing out, and have high hopes that the bugs will slowly die off. They are driving me crazy! Oliver likes them...he chases them and eats them. So, between the constant bug spraying and Oliver eating them, perhaps they'll be gone soon.

The packing continues. I've got a lot of boxes done so far, but haven't even started the kitchen yet. I normally spend my weekend packing and watching Food Network. This will most likely happen again...except for the next three weeks, I'll be addicted to the OLYMPICS! Yes, I admit it. I'm an Olympic addict...or junkie...whichever terminology you prefer. I cry at every touching moment and you can bet I'll be weeping anytime the national anthem is played. I'm exceptionally patriotic...if you hadn'd figured that out by my dog's name!!!

Okay. Enough for tonight. I'm on call this weekend and am alone in the office all next week, so pray for quiet times. I'm never one to wish kids didn't get hearts, but I'd love it if they came in an organized fashion and not all at once!

Good night!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I do love a good fall...however I am very sorry you got hurt:( Next time pad yourself with Charmin before going out in public;