Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 13, 2006

I think Friday the 13th is retarded...usually. I don't get into the whole superstitious thing, mostly cause I think it's crap! Yesterday, it was just not my day! It started out awful! For some unknown reason, I am sleeping terribly the last month or so. I think it really has something to do with my level of school stress...but I could be wrong. I just wake up several times a night with the major inability to go back to sleep. Anyways, so I woke up not very well rested. I get to work, all ready to actually take patients...and I had to sit in the telemetry room. Yes...that tiny little room that has nothing but heart monitors and incessant BEEPING. It was absolutely the WORST thing! :( It did turn out to be not a bad day after all...the most fabulous charge nurse called someone in and sprung me out of that horrid land. I ended up being the transport nurse for the rest of the day, which doesn't really bother me. I really like helping my friends, even when I am busy with my own kids...so it was all okay. I DID have a good ending to the day! The charge nurse let me go home early! I FINALLY got my grocery shopping done, and Amanda and I went to the dollar movie. Hooray! :)

Right now, I'm all dressed up and ready to go to East Texas for Ashley's wedding. I found a dress in my sister-in-law's closet, which really looks CUTE on me! :) I did have to buy shoes, which I did this morning. I think I ended up paying more for the shoes than she paid for the dress! Oh well, I probably needed to expand my cute shoe collection. Amanda and Tammy are headed over here, so we can all be cute together. I am really excited to see Ashley get married! :) I am sad, though, that it falls on the same day as my friend Cat's daughter's first birthday. Cat was my preceptor at the hospital. I got to be around for the very beginning of her pregnancy, since I was stuck to her hip for the first 4 months I was there! I saw Kate soon after she was born, and she's just so stinking cute! Her birthday party is today...but I'm sure that she's not going to remember any of it! I made sure to get her a fabulously loud present and sent it over with her uncle, who I have been hanging out with a lot lately...hence the perpetual happiness. BUT, I get yelled at when I start out on the happy tangent...so I'll move on!

I have to work the next three days, so I'm sure I'll be a bundle of joy early next week. I have a test this week, with almost no time to study, but my grade in that class is pretty stable, so I'm not worried. I did have my GIANT practicum assessment this past Thursday, and ended up not getting any points taken off! Just think, I spent all that time stressing for absolutely no reason! My instructor does say that good stress is healthy, but I don't think that sleep deprivation is healthy...so we'll just forget about that.

Well, I should probably get moving, seeing as I have to go finish getting ready. :) Have fun today...in whatever you do!

No comments: