Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2006

Day of rest.

Okay, so doing laundry all day really isn't restful, but I guess it's the thought that counts. I'm not working today or tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on all the stuff I haven't done over the weekend. I think I've got some government to catch up on. Both classes are going well. I have A's in both of them at this point. I really need to just bite the bullet and send in my nursing school application...but it makes me nervous. For some reason, online classes make me less nervous than actually stepping into a classroom again. I have no idea. It makes no sense. Good grief, this paragraph is rambly. I need therapy!

My weekend went well. I took care of my same little friend that I have for all these weeks. She might get to go home before the weekend, and that would make me so happy! She's doing so well, it's really encouraging to see her getting up and doing things. I really wasn't stressed at all this weekend, and that's always nice. I got to keep the same patients all weekend. Hooray for me! :) I also was able to reconnect with a friend I haven't talked to in quite awhile! We know each other from LeTourneau...and I really need to keep in better contact with him! He's so much fun to talk to. Isn't it weird when you have those friends that you dont' get a chance to talk to very often, but when you do it's like you had just seen them the day before? It's really a funny story, because my roommate my senior year at LU was dating him, and I don't think we ever would have become such good friends if we hadn't lived through her going psycho together! She's thankfully in neither of our pictures anymore...but we still remained friends! hooray for friends! :)

Right now, I'm sitting in my bedroom, watching old people TV and trying to stay warm. I think it's warmer than over the weekend, but not by much. We actually had snow on the way home yesterday! I was so happy! It didn't last long, but it was still nice. The dogs are all curled up in my bed, loving my electric mattress pad. I'm working on teaching Oliver to "Sit" this morning. He's doing much better...maybe we'll have it by the end of the day. What am I thinking...this is one of my dogs...they are all stubborn as mules!

I am so excited that vacation is in less than three weeks! It will be nice to get out of the state for awhile...and have fun! I think we've got everything accounted for...except a ride home from the airport. We get in on a Sunday afternoon...if anyone's available for a quick jaunt out to DFW!

I'm sure there's something I should be doing. I'd better go find out what it is.

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

i'm getting horrific flashbacks of miss "A"!!! so how is mister LAS man?? (he was in LAS right??)
speaking of old friends, allison berry (can't remember her married name) was at our church on sunday, she just happened to come in (they're church hunting!!)