Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The world's best TV time.

I love the Olympics. Personally, it's one of my favorite times of the year...and sadly, it only comes every two! Summer games...winter games...it makes no difference. I love it all! I really enjoy both...in two very different ways. In the summer, it's all about swimming and gymnastics. In the winter, figure skating, luge, bobsled, snowboards....okay, so maybe there's more stuff I like in winter, but I'll watch pretty much anything. The last time the Olympics were on, I had just had surgery on my arm. I wasn't really doing anything...so I just laid around and watched the beauty of the games. I literally cry everytime an American wins a gold metal. Is that crazy or what? I don't know what it is about the national anthem...but I turn into a blubbering baby. It's sad.

Becca and I went to see Casting Crowns on Friday night. We rode the dart downtown and ate dinner in the West End (Tony Roma's is YUM!). We hopped back on the dart and took it to Reunion arena. The concert was great! Nichole Nordeman and Casting Crowns were both fabulous. I think we got back to the dart around 11:15 or so...it was a long concert! Sadly, the Opening Ceremonies were the same night...but thanks to the magic of TIVO, I was able to enjoy it commercial free last night. It is always fun to watch....especially when it gets to all the culture crap. I'm telling you, the man dressed in a leotard with a heart on it was the scariest thing I've ever seen. CREEPY! I'll have to find a picture of it for those of you who missed it. It's fabulous.

Today, I sent my nutrition teacher the first unit of stuff. It was 11 pages that I had to fax...LONG DISTANCE. How nasty is that? It cost me 18 dollars to do that! I was so angry. It wasn't even the fax at the school...cause the school isn't long distance. I'm guessing it went to her house...which made me even more angry! Stupid.

We leave for Florida 4 weeks from today! It's going to be a little different since we found out that there isn't a stovetop there. Hooray for microwaved food! :) We can eat smart ones meals! :) We also found out that there are several nights where the resort has dinners for 5-6 dollars for the meal...so that's not bad either. It all works.

Right now, I'm watching Kronk's New Groove. It's hilarious. I really loved The Emperor's New Groove...and this is the sequel. The level of humor in these movies is really great. I've also rented Christmas with the Kranks (okay, so I can be merry all year long...) and the Longest Yard. I'm on this kick of only renting movies I haven't seen before. You'd think I'd been doing that all along...but no. I have this plan with Hollywood Video that I can rent as many movies as I want during the month, taking 3 at a time. It's like Netflix...but you don't have to wait for them in the mail.

Well, I've got to go back to Kinko's now. I left my folder with all my nutrition stuff right on the counter at the store. I'm a brilliant one.

No comments: